Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:20:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel injected Fulvia and spare pistons  (Read 2277 times)
peterhedge

« on: 09 May, 2016, 07:04:40 AM »

We dropped off various engine pieces with David knight of knights engines on Saturday, block for re-grinding, head for skimming, porting and a couple of inserts to sort out, crank for balancing, fly-wheel for lightening and balancing. We need to bore and hone to 77mm+ I'd be interested if anyone has a set of pistons and rings available? Also after a set of new valve springs and modified cams.

We're wanting to fit fuel injection to the final project, i'd be interested to hear any feedback on experiences. Our original fulvia had solexs which we have upgraded to weber 40s. Lumpy at low revs and feel that we could get smoother running and better efficiency with injection (sorry to the purists out there !)

Thanks for reading !

Peter
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 May, 2016, 08:00:51 PM »

Peter, don’t worry about the purists – I am sure a Fulvia with fuel injection is a fine thing. I think we have had posts on the forum about this before. Two names that come to mind who have experience of this are Paul Leclerq and Justin Hildreth. The only link I can find is this account by Paul that includes some details of his Lucas based system: http://www.lucasinjection.com/lancia_fulvia.htm . Paul's car went very well. Let us know how you get on.

Colin
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2016, 08:42:23 AM »

Peter (and Colin) and Justin if he reads this (as he is also on the forum...)

Justin is currently building (rebuilding) a fine Fulvia engine with PI for his resurrected Fulvia. Paul LeClerq is helping. Paul built my (non PI) engine in my HF for the previous owner at the end pf Evolution's life, and it is still going strong (round Goodwood every year...) and with 20,000 miles under its belt in my ownership (yes I have fiddled with it etc but it is strong in the right places).

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
peterhedge

« Reply #3 on: 10 May, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »

That's great I'd be really interested to hear how justin is approaching his fuel injection system
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd