Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:19:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vapour lock  (Read 16383 times)
lanciab20
President

« Reply #15 on: 03 December, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »

I have experienced stalling when hot - in queue of classics on rally in France and once in UK.  Fuel-line routing on PF (3B) is not as vulnerable to heat as on GTs it would seem. 
Evans Waterless Coolant http://www.evanscoolants.co.uk/ gets very good reviews.  A friend with a Mk II Jaguar has had no problems since converting to it, whereas life in traffic had previously been a misery.
Aurelia owners have tried neat tricks like running a ring main system back to the tank so that the fuel is in the engine bay for shorter time.  It is also possible to buy an electric coolant pump which would circulate the water through the system more quickly.
The volatility of modern fuels causes the problem, and they are going to get worse rather than better from our point of view.
Regards
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 30 December, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »

Just had some time in the garage and have now fitter a shroud on the rad - should improve its effectiveness in pulling air through...time will tell...

Cheers
Dave

* IMG_0698.JPG (1625.19 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 467 times.)

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 30 December, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »

Looks good. How is it attached?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 30 December, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »

Straps on the outside - drilled a few holes on the louvre mount to bolt it on

Cheers
Dave

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 30 December, 2016, 07:41:59 PM »

Thanks, I would like to make one of those if there is a more detailed photo of fixings. It may save someone's finger tips also!

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Dave Gee
Megaposter

« Reply #20 on: 31 December, 2016, 10:21:41 AM »

Hi Dave
Have you seen the shroud for sale by, I think, a guy from the Netherlands? The shroud was designed and fitted by someone in Switzerland and fitted to a Flaminia and he has had a lot of success with it.

On a different subject, can you tell me what the bracket is used for half way up the side of the radiator?

Lastly, I note that the heater take off from the radiator on the RHS of the picture is vertical, which should make easier access to the bottom radiator spigot, but does the hose kink at all as it follows the line of the chassis?

Best wishes for 2017
Dave

dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 31 December, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »

Hi Dave,

I bought the shroud from a guy on the Alfa bb forum - he is in Switzerland - so probably the same guy. The bracket is part of the shroud - there are two either side. In this picture I have only attached the top one so far.

The take off does make it much easier and doesn't kink the hose - it loops smoothly over the suspension and into the bracket on the innner wing - provided your hose is long enough!

Happy new year!
Dave

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 20 October, 2021, 05:15:18 PM »

I have now fitted a fuel return pipe utilising one of the two original fuel pipes at the junction of the reserve tap under the front seat (Flaminia PF)

* 20211220_123938_resized-1.jpg (445.06 KB, 918x1632 - viewed 84 times.)
« Last Edit: 09 January, 2022, 08:16:05 AM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #23 on: 26 October, 2021, 04:52:50 PM »

To add to this thread, I met a guy who had a Flaminia Super Sport 3C at Auto Italia who had a alloy tray made (looked like 4mm aluminium) just shorter than the engine and up to the cam-cover bolts, sandwich just below the carbs on the stack, as a heat shield.  Looked a neat installation   

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 26 October, 2021, 06:39:50 PM »

Sounds good Jay, any chance of a simple drawing, assuming there is no photo available?  Richard

FERGTS246

« Reply #25 on: 04 January, 2022, 11:52:18 PM »

I suffered fuel vaporisation when the weather was hot a couple of times.
I fitted a heat shielding black shiny tubing over (E10 compliant) fuel hosing, that has what looks like a white woven fibreglass lining.
I haven't had vaporisation since.
It came from China. I can dig the supplier's name out if anyone's interested.
Its not the prettiest stuff, but at least its black.

Chris
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd