Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 01:28:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Coupe Boot Lock  (Read 1688 times)
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« on: 25 April, 2016, 06:18:12 AM »

It's not often that a problem posted draws a complete blank on the Betaboyz Forum, but here's one an Australian member and myself have not got anywhere on. Has anyone in the Club come across this problem?......

'On replacing my boot lid the best the paint shop could manage with the boot lock (transferred from the old lid) was having it in the 'locked ' position. It could be jiggled open with the key, but wouldn't fully pop out into the unlocked position and the lid would therefore be automatically locked when you closed it. I couldn't do with this, as it was just begging to break the precious plastic fob of the key.

I've taken off the lock and catch but can only re fit it in the unlocked position. If you try to lock it (fortunately I tried it with the lid open!) the cam of the lock turns off the back of the catch lever and won't re-engage in front of it by turning the key as required. It used to do this with a click after a small bit of resistance.

Is something missing? I only have the catch and the lock mechanism.'

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd