Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:26:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coupe  (Read 4005 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 31 October, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »

having enjoyed fulvia ownership for 20 years now with only one situation of being stranded[thanks TNI for bringing out a new fuel pump within 30 mins]could anyone advise as to whether a change to a flaminia coupe is likely to give such a trouble free period.obviously it would depend on which car i could buy[i have been considering the rhd example advertised at a well know lancia dealer over the past few days]someone please convince me a change is as good as a rest-i hope the ever loyal fulvia is not reading this!all replies appreciated.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 31 October, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »

Richard, You should find the Flaminia every bit as reliable as a Fulvia, as long as it has been properly maintained. The main things to look at are the front lower ball joints, and the Dunlop brakes, which are both expensive to fix. Otherwise the Flaminia Coupe in my opinion is the best Flaminia (better than Touring & Zagato models!!!) as it is what all about, a big comfortable grand touring car that you can drive across Europe in. It also has great roadholding and handling, but obviously not as nippy as a Fulvia. The one you have expressed an interest in is a good car, but really needs paintwork to make it perfect. There are a few for sale in Europe around the £12,000 price, so shop around!
Best of luck in you search. Ade Rudler.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
denisbasson

« Reply #2 on: 09 November, 2007, 05:04:22 AM »

I agree the Flaminia Pininfarina coupe is the best model. I have had mine for 18 years and I still love it ,it was not in good condition when I bought it but over the years I have made it better and better but I still need to do a few more jobs it won't ever be as good as new but it is very reliable. I have had a new distributor made for it using Holden Commodore cap rotor points etc. with a new body, only because the old cap was cracked and I couldn't get a new one. It is a 1959 2.5 litre LHD, two things that may cause concern are noisy rear wheel bearings and out of balance tailshaft and clutch assy. once I got the shaft assy balanced it was a different car gone was the Bum massage from the rumble under the floor.It was all done as an assembly complete with clutch housing and clutch ( had to make a frame to hold the clutch housing ) I used some Alfa Romeo U/J rubber donuts (they are fatter than the originals) suitable narrowed to fit as I had one of the Lancia ones break up and that was what caused the shaft to be taken out.

tell me all you knowlegable chaps did Lancia make their own shockers for the Flaminia I am sure I have seen it in print but cannot find it now Huh? and who were Sabif were they a Lancia parts supplier???

Cheers for now Lancias forever

Denis
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 09 November, 2007, 07:47:38 AM »

My aprilia master cylinder was a sabif item.
Sabif was a brake manufacturer originally set up I believe in 1941 in Turin..

I checked at the time that I needed to revise my master cylinder and it seems that Sabif (Societa per Azioni Brevetti Italiani Freni) was incorporated into Lancia in 1954 and became effectively the in house brand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd