Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:23:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LANCIA FLAMINIA GT TOURING 3C,This car will be at Techno Classica Essen - Hall 5  (Read 5153 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 04 April, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »

http://www.flandrianclassics.be/nl/aanbod/lancia-flaminia-gt-touring-3c-1968

Got a round robin email from these guys, very smart.

P

Frank Gallagher
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »

At this smart price, if it sells it will set a record!
Check also the Flavia cabriolet on the same site, and the Alfa Giulietta.... Grin
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2016, 03:49:37 PM »

At this smart price, if it sells it will set a record!
Check also the Flavia cabriolet on the same site, and the Alfa Giulietta.... Grin
and a well known Lambda.
Regards, John
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »

John,
I could not find the Lambda!
Is it still on the website?
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2016, 07:10:16 AM »

Sorry, my mistake. It's at the Coys sale at Essen.
Regards, John
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 05 April, 2016, 07:35:27 AM »

I've never seen head rests like that before - are they original?

Dave

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 05 April, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »

It’s in very nice condition, I didn’t notice the head rests until Dave pointed them out. I doubt if they are original, probably a slightly paranoid owner. Not sure if I like the look of them or not, but do like the idea (I am also a bit paranoid, having damage my neck), as non head rest cars always worry me a bit, so much so that I might start wearing a HANS brace for normal driving.       

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 07 April, 2016, 10:23:47 AM »

Yes, I'm a bit paranoid too. Now my sprinting days are over I recently thought about refitting the original seats in my Fulvia to replace the Sparco race seats. But I like the idea that even on the road (that to be honest harbours more dangers than a track) I have a harness to stop me going forward and a very high seat to stop my head going back. I once heard a report that hitting something pretty solid like a tree at 30mph will easily lead to a broken neck as your head bends back over the low seat back. This led to a bizarre incident at the last MOT here in France where I had to remove the harnesses as they were not original items and in the words of the inspector 'just fit some lap belts and put the harnesses back afterwards'. Which I did, but I always thought it odd that French law would rather see an approved harness removed but was OK with me being cut in half with my face buried in the steering wheel.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 07 April, 2016, 12:14:50 PM »

This car is advertised on Autoscout24.com & Mobile.de for 119,000 euro. There are others advertised in Europe for even more than this, particularly Convertibles which are regularly advertised for over 200,000 euro. What they sell for is a different matter.

Regarding the seats, I have seen these high-backs on other Touring's when I was looking at GTL's couple of years back (obviously now missed the boat at current prices)- where they perhaps available as an option on the later run out models?

Is it me or does this car sit high? Perhaps it is back from refurbishment and has not been used.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 07 April, 2016, 01:08:10 PM »

Having seen hundreds of photos of different GTs, I can’t recall seeing these high back seats before. As Paul says could be an option especially for the very later cars, just as a head rests were started to be used.

I think a lot of dealers have started asking more since a nice original (few owners) convertible sold at Bonhams  for €195.5k inc. prem so £158K. I remember talking to a collector at Silverstone Classic 2 years ago, who was very surprised how cheap I valued the car, his passing comment was this must be the cheapest ticket into true hand built carrozzeria motoring by £100k.

Regarding the height yes it does look high, although a lot of them and especially after suspension rebuilds do seem to ride high. OSL rides a lot lower as you can see below.             

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 07 April, 2016, 08:07:18 PM »

Having seen hundreds of photos of different GTs, I can’t recall seeing these high back seats before. As Paul says could be an option especially for the very later cars, just as a head rests were started to be used.

I think a lot of dealers have started asking more since a nice original (few owners) convertible sold at Bonhams  for €195.5k inc. prem so £158K. I remember talking to a collector at Silverstone Classic 2 years ago, who was very surprised how cheap I valued the car, his passing comment was this must be the cheapest ticket into true hand built carrozzeria motoring by £100k.

Regarding the height yes it does look high, although a lot of them and especially after suspension rebuilds do seem to ride high. OSL rides a lot lower as you can see below.             

Julian,

OSL sits just perfect, perhaps the one advertised is an integrale version!

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd