Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:03:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia S2 brake seals and hoses  (Read 6233 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 04 April, 2016, 07:32:52 AM »

I am posting on behalf of a Fulvia friend who needs some basic brake parts including seal kits and hoses. He wants to find alternative and cheaper suppliers than our good friends in Norfolk.

Colin
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2016, 09:10:02 AM »

I am posting on behalf of a Fulvia friend who needs some basic brake parts including seal kits and hoses. He wants to find alternative and cheaper suppliers than our good friends in Norfolk.

Colin

Cavalitto?
Regards, John
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »

Spitline and Rosso Corsa both in Italy and offer good service via email

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Andrew1950
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »

Excellent, friendly, personal service who have supplied my S1 front & rear brake seals.

To ensure correct fit, send them a sample or, exact measurements. Very reasonably priced too!

http://www.nelsonstokes.com/

Ask for Steve!
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »

Thanks for responses, which I have passed on. Work on this car, which is being used as a daily driver, is being done on a shoestring and I think Simon had hoped there would be modern equivalents of suppliers like GGB, who helped keep cars like this on the road in earlier times. Alas, they seem to have gone, as have most of the cars they supplied bits for – when did you last see a Fiat Uno?

I have found some old brake parts to pass on, but if anyone has other stuff to offer, I know that Simon would be grateful.

Colin
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 07 April, 2016, 10:40:24 AM »

I'm starting to think that the days of 'shoestring' Lancia ownership are coming to an end unless you're a skilled mechanic/engineer yourself. I remember the amount of spares that used to be in the back of Viva Lancia compared to now. Alloy panels and Dellorto carbs would often come up along with whole Fulvia engines at giveaway prices looking back. I love my Fulvia but worry slightly that in future years it may become like owning a little Ferrari. When I replaced the brake master cylinder about 3 years back I could have bought about 8 for an Alfa Spider for the same price from the US.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 11 April, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »

Simon at Scuderia Impecuniosa is still struggling on a shoestring and has asked me to put up another post - he specifically asks if anyone has some S2 front and rear brake hoses in good condition, Girling front brake caliper seal kits, a rear valance for an S2 berlina, 155 or 165-14 tyres, a rubber heater valve diaphragm (S1 type valve) and any other useful Fulvia parts.

Also, he has fitted Sparkrite electronic ignition (for the princely sum of £5.80) and cannot get the electronic Veglia rev counter to work on the electronic ignition setting. Has anyone had difficulties getting Veglia tachs to work with electronic ignition please?

I know that Simon would have liked to show the car off at the Goodwood track-day, but the brake problems will probably mean that's not realistic.

Colin
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 11 April, 2016, 06:24:04 PM »

Re Sparkrite this should not affect the tach. I had one I fitted one to our 1.3S with Jaeger electronic revcounter (it was a series 1.5). Never had a problem. The Sparkrite uses the points to electronically switch the coil. Suspect the wiring is not correct.

Would be nice to see at Goodwood.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 11 April, 2016, 08:11:25 PM »

That's interesting. I was going to say the reverse but not in the context of a Fulvia though. I used one on a 60s Viva GT and the rev counter didn't work without some sort of adapter. It was something to do with where in the wiring the rev counter picked up its' signal. Sadly I still have the unit.
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 11 April, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »

The Fulvia that I have just helped out with also had a wayward tachno needle - the electronic ignition was faulty and when I swapped it back to a points setup the tacho was no longer "wayward"

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 12 April, 2016, 12:43:11 PM »

I believe the issue is to do with whether the tachometer is driven by impulses in the low tension circuit to the coil. The Sparkrite unit is inserted into this circuit between the coil and the distributor and uses the impulses for an electronic trigger rather than earthing the circuit through the coil. Perhaps this makes the current too small for the tachometer to reliably read?
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #11 on: 13 April, 2016, 07:10:25 AM »

Hi

Is there an option to attach either on the input to the EI or on the output to the low tension circuit of the coil for the tacho?  One or other may give a more reliable result.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd