Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:14:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LHD Fulvia 2c  (Read 33421 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #45 on: 25 April, 2017, 12:06:20 PM »

Open question to anyone who can help with input. The little LHD 2c is in a garage getting a few things worked through. I asked the chap if he could tighten up the loose/sloppy gears. He seems to think simply adjusting them won't do, he said about getting new bushes.

Can anyone give any technical pointers of anything to looking for, or recommend? I'm sure he has spoken to Omicron for techy know how, but I am sure there is just as much knowledge here too!
Neil,
It sounds like the plastic bushes have had it, these just fall apart, you have two options, I can loan you one of my spares so you can get some made in nylon or bronze, whatever you decide.
The other is to contact Cavlitto, I bought mine when we were in Turin about 12 years ago he had a great big plastic bag full of them, so I hardly think he'll have sold them all by now.
I bought 3 sets, one set went to a friend in Holland for his 2c and a set in Fay, I still have a set left but obviously I wish to hang on to these.
They make one heck of a difference Grin
If you want to borrow one let me know and we can meet up.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #46 on: 10 May, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »

Hi everyone,

Just a short message!

I have, as can be seen in the first page of this thread, the squared 'wing' mirror on my 2c. Does anyone know a source for another to match on the offside?
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #47 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:35:42 PM »

Neil,
good evening. Your car is being offered for sale on Car and Classic. Is this a mistake?
Cesare
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #48 on: 11 May, 2017, 07:44:09 AM »

Neil,
good evening. Your car is being offered for sale on Car and Classic. Is this a mistake?
Cesare
Hi Cesare,
This site has never removed the 2c from its website since it appeared on there last year, despite at one point it was for sale elsewhere, as far as I could ascertain they never actually 8physical had the 2c, besides which it was being offered for sale at different asking prices, I though perhaps the previous owner had put it out to various people on commission sale.
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #49 on: 11 May, 2017, 01:07:48 PM »

Hello Brian,
I only wondered as it appears to be a new listing, dated 5th May.
Cesare
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #50 on: 11 May, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »

If its the carandclassic advert from st Andrews autos, I have seen it too. It's never been taken down since I bought it from them. I assume they have forgotten to remove it, and its on some sort of auto renewal on there?
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #51 on: 11 May, 2017, 09:21:24 PM »

Neil,
I am very glad to hear it! I do wish people who use websites for their own purposes would update their entries when they are done. I wish you a happy summer's driving. Will you be at any club events this year?
Ciao
Cesare
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #52 on: 13 May, 2017, 08:46:45 PM »

Cesare,

I am really not sure about club events for this year. The car (provisionally named Emilia) is still being worked on, and will likely be a few weeks yet. So we will have to see what the summer brings I guess!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #53 on: 14 May, 2017, 11:23:36 PM »

Cesare,

I am really not sure about club events for this year. The car (provisionally named Emilia) is still being worked on, and will likely be a few weeks yet. So we will have to see what the summer brings I guess!
Seeing Emelia will be worth the wait Cesare, she looked lovely a year ago when I first saw her, and I'm sure she will be even better when Neil brings her out to play.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #54 on: 16 May, 2017, 06:15:53 PM »

Brian, I hope your faith isn't misplaced! The only thing so far that's different is the inertia seatbelts I have added to the rear, and replaced the front static's with. Oh and new number plates.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #55 on: 16 May, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »

Brian, I hope your faith isn't misplaced! The only thing so far that's different is the inertia seatbelts I have added to the rear, and replaced the front static's with. Oh and new number plates.
[/quote

I don't think my optimism is misplaced, I'm sure she'll have had plenty of TLC, besides which she was lovely and generally no one will have seen her.
Brian

Dedra Technical Adviser
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #56 on: 17 May, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »

I'm sure I will get her out and about in the future. Just a few 'niggle's' to sort out first!
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #57 on: 17 May, 2017, 01:56:06 PM »

Those who followed the 'Aurelia' and 'Augusta' girls name thread on this forum will smile (hopefully)  as I did when I saw that this 2C  is named Emilia, the same as our very new granddaughter born 3 weeks ago. This somehow seems appropriate as Jacky and I have both been continuous Fulvia owners since the early 70's to this day and we are great S1 Sedan fans with our current GTE.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #58 on: 22 May, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »

Congrats Chris for the new addition to the family.

Looks like it will be a few weeks till I get her back, few things to sort, and the chap I go to is a one man army.
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #59 on: 21 June, 2017, 07:21:08 PM »

Quick question for anyone.

Brian has kindly lent me a bush to be fabricated and put into the gears to tighten up a rather sloppy gear change in Emilia. Gave it to my local classic spanner monkey to get done and fitted, what seems like an age ago. To cut a long story short he hasnt done anything with it claiming he cant find anyone to do it. On to my three points.....
1. Is it straight forward to do?
2. Does anyone know a reputable place that would get it done?
3. Sorry Brian that its taking so long.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd