Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:37:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the forum highlights over the last month or so?  (Read 4275 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 25 January, 2016, 09:00:05 PM »

Have been a bit busy...don't get me started on why...so haven't had time to look on the forum.

What have the highlights been?  What's been going on?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »

I plead the 5th amendment!!

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »

David, after a break I usually scan down the main menu for topics that interest me and look at the right hand column for the most recent posts.

Currently "finding information on the forum" is a significant topic. I also pick up on restoration threads I used to follow.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2016, 02:30:14 AM »

Finding information on the forum eh?   I'll bury my response in here Smiley   

Having read the first entry on that thread my first thought as to what is needed are called "books" which have been subject to "research" and "editing".  I look forward to reading the whole thread.  One sadness for myself was that the "buying" thread for the Flavia Zagato got lost...at least there's still the "since I got it" but it worries me a little that I've got no back up.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2016, 07:32:28 AM »

Have been a bit busy...don't get me started on why...so haven't had time to look on the forum.

What have the highlights been?  What's been going on?

David

Surely, this query is for the Viva Lancia magazine?

I recall sections being devoted to the same in years gone by, perhaps it needs revived?

For me, being completely biased.....I regard every post as either useful, informative or even more importantly adding to the club's reach and inclusiveness.

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »

David, I always start a session on the forum with a click on the 'Show unread posts since last visit' and methodically work my way down the posts reading, or at least scanning, them all.  We all know, some threads drift and what may seem from the heading to be non relevant to my particular interests may slide on to something of real interest. If I have been away for a significant time, as you have, then I read as many as possible in the session, then when I next visit the forum I click on the same 'Show unread ....' which now comes up with just the few recent posts. I read those, then reclick the 'Show unread ..' and then click the 'Show all unread posts'. After that you can keep going to your hearts content!!!

The important thing for me is to at least look at every post and thus keep abreast of everything on the forum .... you just never know what might be lurking!!!

Andy

PS I treat Viva Lancia in the same manner

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2016, 11:30:13 AM »

David, I always start a session on the forum with a click on the 'Show unread posts since last visit' and methodically work my way down the posts reading, or at least scanning, them all.  We all know, some threads drift and what may seem from the heading to be non relevant to my particular interests may slide on to something of real interest. If I have been away for a significant time, as you have, then I read as many as possible in the session, then when I next visit the forum I click on the same 'Show unread ....' which now comes up with just the few recent posts. I read those, then reclick the 'Show unread ..' and then click the 'Show all unread posts'. After that you can keep going to your hearts content!!!

The important thing for me is to at least look at every post and thus keep abreast of everything on the forum .... you just never know what might be lurking!!!

Andy

PS I treat Viva Lancia in the same manner

Same here.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 28 January, 2016, 06:34:17 PM »

Hard to say what you've missed being such an educational site. We have Palladian architecture, women's hats, tracking down the history of a rare one-off Aprilia etc. Can't be many club sites or mags that cover cars, architecture, football, wine, trucks, cities built by Mussolini. We could change the name to the Culture Club. Oh no, that's been done............

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd