Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:28:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inertia Reel Seat Belts  (Read 3978 times)
Mike Anderson
Lapsed

« on: 18 January, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »

Hi any advice welcome re fitting inertia reel seat belts to my 1970 Flavia 2000 Coupe.
Currently there are static belts fitted to what appear to be factory mounting points.
A firm called SBS can supply and fit inertia reel belts but this involves mounting the reel under the arm rest and cutting a slot in the arm rest for the belt to go through. Although the photos they have of a conversion to a Falvia look neat and tidy it's an expensive job.
Is there a simpler way of doing things which doesn't involve cutting interior panelling?
Thanks Mike
Brian Long

Aurelia B12, Flavia 2000 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2016, 11:19:58 AM »

Hi Mike,
I fitted inertial reel belts relatively simply to my 2000 Flavia coupe.
Remove the arm rest and have a plate welded to the body join fillet and stiffener. Mount the reel on this plate.
Remove the ashtray and feed belt through the hole. My belt came with an escutcheon which covered the ashtray hole after I mounted it on a larger filler plate which I covered with black vinyl.
Brian

* image.jpg (25.25 KB, 320x240 - viewed 534 times.)

* image.jpg (27.04 KB, 320x240 - viewed 530 times.)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 28 January, 2016, 09:45:06 AM »

Brian, that is a very neat job!!!

Andy
bobhenry999
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 29 January, 2016, 09:01:45 PM »

Mike,

I fitted a set of static belts to my 63 Coupe last week, and the company I got them from also do inertia reel ones as well.

You are able to choose the colour and style of the webbing, the type of buckles/straps/stalk and whether you want chrome or black fittings etc etc.

They really are superb and fantastic quality.

The company is;

The Quickfit Safety Belt Service,
Inertia House,
Lowther Road,
Stanmore,
Middx,
HA7 1EP.

Tel; 020 8206 0101. Speak to Pawel, he is really helpful.

Bob

Flavia 815 Vignale
Flavia 819 Milleotto
Flavia 815 Coupe Inezione
2000HF x2
2000 Coupe
2000 Sedan x3
Current 815 Coupe Variante 1005
Mike Anderson
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 02 February, 2016, 11:25:23 PM »

Hi Brian and Bob thanks for your replies and advice, sorry I haven't acknowledged earlier.
Welding and other skilled work is beyond my capability so I'll have to look at cost of professional fit. I had hoped that the existing mounting points could somehow be used and will contact Quickfit to get advice from Pawel. At the moment my Flavia is having the oil cooler repaired and a new window winding cable fitted so haven't got too much money to allocate at the moment. Regards Mike.
alan284flavia

« Reply #5 on: 17 February, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »

I was looking at my Flavia 2000 last year, having got Securon belts on the web. There was no way they were going to fit but I have now got a set from Holden where the reel fits at the top mount and can work at an angle so no need for welding plates or brackets. Circumstances have conspired to prevent me doing work on cars re ently apart from a Baltic garage, but will make a post if they fit ok
Mike Anderson
Lapsed

« Reply #6 on: 25 February, 2016, 11:56:23 PM »

Hi Alan thanks for the info I look forward to hearing how you get on with the belts from Holden, regards Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd