Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:50:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MOT Checker  (Read 3071 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 11 January, 2016, 12:31:32 PM »

This looks like a new service ... https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Lot of information in there !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 11 January, 2016, 12:39:10 PM »

A very interesting link, has previous MOTs details with advisory details too should you need them.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 11 January, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »

But only back to 2007...
HPEHF
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 11 January, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »

Interesting, I would suggest the first date of use is taken with a pinch of salt.

Checked my car bought May in Italy new and imported, and registered August 1997 in England, but they have Dec 1997.

Regards

Simon Davis
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 11 January, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »

I looked up my Y10 to see what it showed. What a tale of woe. I certainly wouldn't get away with advertising it as "maintained regardless of cost"!

By contrast my Dedra shows straight passes with no issues up to 2009 then various braking and suspension bush issues at its' next MOT in 2014 just before I bought it. It is now off the road for some serious renovation before being brought back into service.

I think this service is going to be very useful for getting an independent impression of how a car you are interested in has been looked after.

sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 11 January, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »

I agree Frank - you can't get away with false claims. On the plus side anyway who wants to see a good car can easily use this to check it out and prove it's true. It may be a pinch of salt is needed but it's as good as you'll get and will be very good with new cars I should imagine. Mind you as the MOT station enters the data it's only as good as that - I assume they know that what they enter is pretty much public knowledge the next day ... Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #6 on: 11 January, 2016, 08:52:27 PM »

I was once told that MOT stations in Liverpool used to mark the car with yellow chalk/wax when they found failure points incase the owner went for a "second opinion" so that the next examiner would have a clue that the car had been failed elsewhere. The marks would be on a ball joint or rusty chassis as appropriate.

Now it's all computerised there's no need for them to do that, the next examiner will see the failure and the reason as soon as they log into the system.

Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd