Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:20:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-Lancia but Italian - Alfa 166 Super Lusso  (Read 6895 times)
LouK

« on: 04 December, 2015, 02:05:49 PM »

Apologies for posting a non-Lancia on here but I'm looking for a new home for my 166 and you guys get the whole Italian thing!

"Alfy" is an Alfa Romeo 166 3litre V6 24v Super Lusso first registered in 2001 in a lovely silver with black leather interior.  Essentially the Super Lusso is top of the range and Alfy is also fully loaded with options including Sat Nav, heated front seats, upgraded stereo etc.  We bought Alfy in 2003 and I used him as my daily driver for around 8 or so years with the mileage now just under 150k miles.  I got a company car and then when that went back I bought as estate car which is better suited for Billy dog.

I couldn't bring myself to sell Alfy so he was mothballed and garaged until this year when we recommissioned him.  This meant a huge amount of work including new suspension, clutch, radiator, MAF, exhaust, ICT screen repair, pipes, switches etc.  Jason has been using him as a daily driver for the last couple of months and the car has just passed his MOT.

He is in great shape with just a few stone chips on his bonnet and his interior is perfect with everything working as it should, even the door locks which are a known issue but have been replaced.  The only known issues are the Sat Nav which is hit and miss (a new CD is probably needed) and also the air con system needs a new compressor as air is leaking from the system.  We're getting quotes for that.

The car drives superbly, refined and smooth on the road but fast and fruity when needed.  I'd forgotten how addictive that V6 roar is (almost mote than the V8 in my current daily driver...).  When I used to commute in him I was always full of joy and looking forward to the next trip in him, hence why it's been difficult to contemplate selling.

But the car needs to be used and Jason already has the Thema SW, 1600Z and his modern car as daily drivers so we fear the Alfa will end up back in the garage again.  I'm not setting a price - we absolutely won't get anywhere near our money back but we were happy to invest that in the car to ensure the next owner has no temptation to scrap the car which sadly happens to many cars of this age.  It's more important for us to find the "right" owner who will enjoy and look after the car as much as we have.  He's also an appreciating asset and "future classic" as 166's are fairly rare and especially one looked after like ours.  Please note the personal plate on the car is not included in the sale.

I can post pictures or send to anyone interested.  Let me know.
poppy67

« Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2016, 10:21:33 PM »

Hi,
I would be interested in knowing if the car is still for sale?
If so please get in touch, either by email or telephone :- 07526 159 891/01787 463 288.

Regards,

Stuart.
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2016, 06:26:09 PM »

I'd be more interested in the Thema SW if it was up for sale. Already got a 166.
LouK

« Reply #3 on: 15 February, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »

You can never have enough 166's!  Sorry the Thema SW is a keeper.  Not just a fabulous (and rare) car but so very useful, fast and comfortable!
LouK

« Reply #4 on: 27 February, 2016, 10:14:48 AM »

166 now sold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd