Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 10:01:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Zagato - Windscreen wpier mechanism removal  (Read 4176 times)
Pietro

« on: 04 December, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »

Hi All,

I am a newby to the club so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place or transgressed some other rule or protocol. Please feel free to put me right.

A very brief introduction. I have two Fulvia's a 1.3S which I race and a Zagato which I am planning to restore, it is presently pretty much down to a shell.

My latest problem, I can find no way of removing the wiper mechanism from the body on the passenger side (its a RHD car). Has anyone experienced similar problems and found a solution. Am I being stupid ?

Any help and instruction on how to use the forum properly gratefully recieved

Many thanks in advance

Pete (my name is Pietro but people call ne Pete for ease)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 December, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »

Hi Pete,
Any thing like this goes under the model so you just scroll down until you find the right place.
No problems, it's not an uncommon problem so I'm sure it's been on here before but I can't put my finger where, however someone else will answer with the right place pretty quickly.
You can also try at lancist.net an American run site but where many of us also post, try this link,
http://www.lancisti.net/forum/showthread.php?7395-Replacing-wiper-mechanism&highlight=wiper
Regards
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
roddy

« Reply #2 on: 04 December, 2015, 11:58:02 PM »

Hello Pete

You will have to remove the cold-air pick-up box which feeds the heater fan to the interior. Remove the wiper arms from the taper splined spindles (I find it handy to put two pieces of masking tape on the screen where the blades are, which ensure the arms go back on the same spline).  The wiper motor attaches to the bulkhead in two places with rubber metalastic isolation bushes.  The nuts can be found in the footwell in front of the glove compartment.  The motor attached to the frame (which crosses over to the drivers side) can now be removed by dropping the spindles down through their housings, lifting the threaded ends of the bushes out of their holes, and pivoting the complete assembly forward.

Regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 05 December, 2015, 10:03:36 AM »

Ah, that's how it's done!   I spent hours a few months ago fiddling and struggling to get mine back in!

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pietro

« Reply #4 on: 08 December, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »

Thanks Guys, much appreciated.

I will have a go at it tomorrow night when I get home, and a further thanks to Brian for the link. I think I am following in the persons footsteps and the pictures will be invaluable if I ever get to trying to put it all back together again. The car is now down to a shell, barring a couple of items which are refusing to be removed.

I suspect I will be pestering you  again soon as I start to strip and refurb / replace the many components.

Thanks Again

Pietro
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 08 December, 2015, 07:09:37 PM »

Which items are refusing removal?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pietro

« Reply #6 on: 09 December, 2015, 01:28:12 PM »

Nothing notable that will not come off with a little further persuasion, things like the accelerator pedal and a few bolts which it's looking like will need to be cut off and drilled.

Removing everything else, from the body, has been relatively easy, just a few resulting cuts and bruises. The shell is remarkably good shape but some metalwork will be required once it has been dipped and primed.

Do you have one ?

Cheers
Pete
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »

Had coupe, sedan(repairs detailed in the 'Fulvia' board) and two sports, one of which is in the JLG65K thread, also somewhere within the Fulvia board.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pietro

« Reply #8 on: 14 December, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »

Hi,

Still no joy and few more hours lost. Thinking of cutting it out and worrying baout it when I come to rebuild. Are they in short supply or readily available. Any idea ?

Many thanks

Pietro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd