Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 06:56:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Jolly  (Read 11850 times)
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 05 December, 2015, 03:35:06 PM »

Reading the last sentence of the  'Not the Fulvia 25' article again, perhaps the time has come,
'Superjolly 53' in 2016 anyone?

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
LouK

« Reply #16 on: 11 December, 2015, 07:34:27 PM »

Wow Ade - brilliant!  Thank you so much.  I've learnt a huge amount in those two articles.  Amazing to see how much is borrowed from other cars - really helps. Am interested in your thoughts on performance and living with your "truck".  We're a little way off (but hopefully not a massive way) driving the van so hearing your experiences will be great.

We have made some small progress. Wiper arms are fitted and we're getting the blades (going for unequal lengths) and Jason has changed a water pipe or two along with getting the horn working and other minor issues/tidying up.  Trying to get as much done for the MOT as possible.  Biggest items for "the mechanic" is the brakes and both outer front gaiters - we have them thanks to Omicron so they need to be fitted.  Van will probably go over to him in the New Year and in the meantime I'm going to tackle some of the bright work.

Still need to get new glass or replacement door mirrors.  The mirror itself looks similar to that on Fiat 238 and 900T vans but the door mirror arm is different. Inevitably, the arm and mirror won't come apart or I'd simply get a pair of mirrors - plenty in Italy.  Or I could get some glass but need the rubber surround.  It's the small things that take the time...
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 11 December, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »

It's the small things that take the time...

So true ........

Love the van , looking forward to her/his travels

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
LouK

« Reply #18 on: 29 January, 2016, 07:36:02 AM »

A short update re Gino the Super Jolly. Sadly he was outside under an awning for the Christmas period and his little smile was fading.

But excellent news that Jason delivered him to Jim on Tuesday and the initial assessments are being made.  Ball joints, shock absorbers, brake calipers repairs are among the initial work but we know there will be plenty more.  And thanks to my new best friend Dikappa, we now have a copy of a full parts manual so life may be a little easier.  Thank you so much!!

If anyone is on Facebook, I've created a page for Gino called "The Journeys of Gino".
LouK

« Reply #19 on: 14 May, 2016, 08:12:58 AM »

Argh - tried to post a reply but lost it so I'll try again.  Gino is home!  UK debut was at the Auto Italia Brooklands day a couple of weeks ago and we'll take him to the Merrist Wood Show in Guildford tomorrow.  He was surround by intrigued and interested people at Brooklands and thank heavens I took some laminated info sheets.  It was so great to see Gino's smiling face peering from the people surrounding him and fantastic to be showing off him and the Lancia brand.

Initial driving impressions:  well, he drives like a van!  Strong, torquey engine and he's surprisingly nippy around town.  Did get him to 60mph on the dual carriageway but he's noisy over 3k revs so until we're confident with him we're taking it easy.  Brakes great, clutch light and gear change lovely.  The only issue is the steering which needs so much steering input I feel like I'm in a US movie!  All ball joints, suspension, has been changed so it must be play in the steering box although I've been warned that this could be just how he drives.  Better get used to it!

He's huge!  We've since installed a rear view mirror but driving him the first time I had to look over my shoulder and seeing a mile of van behind you is quite scary!  However also perfect as we've installed a bike rack under the second row of seats, so we can remove the seats and transport our vintage bikes.  We've also done a fair bit of other fettling - heater refurbished, various wiring matters, I found and installed some new rear light surrounds etc.  Also working out how to install a coffee machine for our Surrey Lancia mates :-)

Thanks so much to Keith and Jim at Autointegrale for sorting out the oily bits and MOT and to my wonderful Jason for sourcing all the bits (from all over the globe) and continuing to work on him.  I'll post photos if I can on another post.
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #20 on: 14 May, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »

I love the vehicle!
I was just browsing some foreign Lancia club websites and saw that the French site - lanciaclubfrance.com - lists the following four documents for the Super Jolly:

Istruzioni per le riparazioni
 - Environ 200 pages, texte italien, croquis et photos, (1) edition 1967
Catalogo parti di ricambio
- Environ 300 pages, texte italien, croquis et photos, (1) edition 1967
Uso e manutenzione
- Environ 22 pages, texte italien, croquis et photos, (1) edition 1967
Catalogue publicitaire

My French is not very good but I think the website says they can be purchased as photocopied sheets.

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 14 May, 2016, 08:29:40 PM »

Brilliant Lou, thank goodness you stepped in to rescue him!!!!

I am looking forward to a meeting in the flesh ... goodness knows when that will be .... I just hope it is this summer.

Andy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd