Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:09:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Sport Seat Belts  (Read 5884 times)
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« on: 30 November, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »

My Fulvia Sport recently imported from Germany does not have any seat belts fitted. From a safety perspective with a wife and two young sons I am going to get both front and rear fitted, however I understand that installing 3 point inertia reel belts are extremely difficult if not impossible to fit.

I would obviously prefer 3 pt inertia reel belts rather than 2pt static lap belts but as the car will be used mainly for club events and odd days out I think I can live with statics.

Has anyone fitted belts to a Sport and have any advice which is the best route to follow. All thoughts welcome.

Cheers,

Paul.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »

http://www.quickfitsbs.com/index.php

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2015, 04:58:03 PM »

I have fitted 3 point inertia type belts (Securon) in my S2 coupe, I am not sure if the same mountings are fitted below the rear quarter lights in the Sport, rears might be challenge.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 30 November, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »

The quickfitsbs web site has gallery pictures of installations in both an Aurelia and a Flavia Coupe which suggests they would be worth speaking to.

For very small children I wonder if there are issues with using an old fashioned safety seat which used a dedicated fixed harness to mount it instead of relying on a three point seatbelt to secure it. (Guess who still has one in the loft despite his babies now ranging in age from 21 to 28 years old).

Frank T
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2015, 01:21:07 AM »

MY 2c Originally had 2 point Irvin lap belt (which I still have)
but swopped them for 3 point static front belts, and while not as easy to use as the inertia reel belts, they take up a darned sight less room and are more than adequate if tightened correctly.
So no need to rely on lap belts.

don't carry passengers in the rear very often so none fitted.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 01 December, 2015, 08:07:55 AM »

I have fitted 3 point inertia type belts (Securon) in my S2 coupe, I am not sure if the same mountings are fitted below the rear quarter lights in the Sport, rears might be challenge.

Hi Neil,

Did you have any issues fitting inertias on the coupé regarding belt length? The shoulder tapping is in the frame just below the rear side window, but on the Sport, whilst the tapping is still in the rear side panel above the seat base, it is much lower down and further back.  The inertia would not be sitting horizontal to the belt, which might not be long enough anyway & there is no way that a shoulder point pivot can be fitted to take a conventional 3 point belt.

Has anyone fitted inertias to a Sport?

Cheers,

Paul

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 01 December, 2015, 08:43:38 AM »

Paul I have standard length inertial belts on my 1600 Sport fitted in the position as you describe. Best to try to find a belt set that has a cover over the mechanism to keep it tidy. I have fitted rear seat belts to a coupe as the fittings are on the chassis. Not sure about a three point at the rear as Zagato may not have put the upper mounting in, but the lowers should be available for some limited lap belts.
Hi Neil,

Did you have any issues fitting inertias on the coupé regarding belt length? The shoulder tapping is in the frame just below the rear side window, but on the Sport, whilst the tapping is still in the rear side panel above the seat base, it is much lower down and further back.  The inertia would not be sitting horizontal to the belt, which might not be long enough anyway & there is no way that a shoulder point pivot can be fitted to take a conventional 3 point belt.

Has anyone fitted inertias to a Sport?

Cheers,

Paul

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 01 December, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »

In answer to Paul’s question - yes, I had inertia reel belts in my Sport. The inertia boxes were fitted at an angle of about 45 degrees, which seemed odd, but they worked and the MOT man didn’t seem to mind. In my case the belts were period Kangol with adjustable length central straps and that very nice magnetic clasp arrangement. Sorry, not photos to show, but they looked good.

Colin
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 01 December, 2015, 02:29:50 PM »

Mine is very similar and came like that.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
kevbo
Lapsed

« Reply #9 on: 01 December, 2015, 02:40:16 PM »

I've also got Kangol magnet, inertia-reel belts fitted for the front seats of my S2 1.3s Sport.  They were already installed when I bought the car.  As has been mentioned Quickfit have a good reputation for seat belt installation so worth a try if you need rear belts too.

I've tried to post a picture from my iPad but no joy.  If you want me to email you any pictures let me know.
Regards
Kevin
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 01 December, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »

I have had seatbelts remade with new inertia units and webbing so belt length shouldn't ultimately be an issue. The nice man even stitched in the manufacturers labels from my original belts for me to keep them looking standard.

Frank T
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd