Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the forum sponsor a car transporter to bring back a fleet of Appias?  (Read 8707 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 10 November, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »

And eeemmmm'....

http://www.subito.it/auto/lancia-altro-modello-anni-50-sassari-142820990.htm

P

Frank Gallagher
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 11 November, 2015, 09:16:45 AM »

That Appia van seems very expensive Frank, it is on Sardinia too! I once got a price to bring a car back to the U.K. from Sardinia, the cost of the return ferry trip to the island was as much as the rest of the trip back to the U.K. needless to say I didn't buy the car.
I makes this one (Being sold by my friend at European Classic cars) look very good value http://www.prewarcar.com/index.php?option=com_caradvert&view=ad&section_id=4&id=186736&Itemid=434 such good value that I believe it has just been sold........ back to Italy!

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 11 November, 2015, 10:43:56 AM »

Indeed, coals to Newcastle then. It really does complicate things if transport very costly or too awkward, never mind being overpriced in the first instance

P

Frank Gallagher
dave

« Reply #18 on: 12 November, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »

Thanks for the info on importing a car from Italy. Looks like the only way is to get a car out of Italy is to have it transported. Have to think again about how to do this.
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 12 November, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »

Or you take a trailer to Italy and bring it back yourself enjoying the visit and the drive. It probably wont be any cheaper than having it transported but you have the peace of mind of knowing that you have what you have paid for in your possession from the moment of the final payment. Also by doing it inn person you can ensure that the vendor gives you all the paperwork he/she has. In my experience this doesn't always happen with a 3rd party collection and whilst its not necessarily that important, its always nice to have as much history on your new purchase as possible.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd