Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 10:16:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you think you are?......... with a Lancia slant!  (Read 16432 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 02 November, 2015, 05:41:20 PM »

Sounds a fantastic B12 Chris, congrats again.

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 02 November, 2015, 05:43:59 PM »

It sounds as though you have a wonderfully original car there Chris, congratulations.

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 02 November, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »

As regards my own B12, according to Ricardo....

In Portugal most (if not all) cars were registered first to the importer, and only then to the buyers, I don't know if it was compulsory but at least all my classic cars are like that.
Please note that Lancias in Portugal were always very rare and sold in small quantities, so very hard to find information.The only B12 my father recalls seeing on the road was a RHD car from a friend of his, the car was later sold and suffered a crash during an Europe road trip, I believe it was dismantled. He has nowadays another B12 being restored.
I only know of two rolling B12s in Portugal.

Ricardo will contact by letter the previous owners on my behalf to see if any further flesh can be added to my B12 history!

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 03 November, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »

I must say, Ricardo has been extremely helpful in gathering information in Portugal about Aurelia B12s.

As before there are two B12s on the road and another being restored, the Amaranto one.

The one up on the ramp is a mere 4 Portuguese registration numbers from my own, 92 Vs 96 ie before mine.......wow. But its build number is 96 before mine.

I will post up some more info when I'm on this evening again.

P

* 50486.jpg (387.21 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 346 times.)

* 48468.jpg (27.82 KB, 320x237 - viewed 601 times.)

Frank Gallagher
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 03 November, 2015, 03:22:08 PM »

Modestine's history was very simple to research as I am only the 3rd owner in her 83 years and all three of us live/d  in the same small village in East Sussex.

Dot. Enrico Masala kindly supplied the early history from records he holds in Italy.

12th February 1932 she left the production line and went to Pinin Farina for her berlina body to be fitted.

4th March 1932 road tested and offered for sale but remained unsold until 1937.

10th March 1937 bought by Paul Einzig, imported and registered in the UK ERF 294. He was a notable newspaper columnist writing principly on financial matters, the Robert Peston of his day. He also published some 50 or so books many dealing with decimalisation. His family have donated all his manuscripts and papers to Oxford University.

1969.  Appears in the LMC register of Members owned by Mrs Ruth Telford-Einzig Paul's wife. Gerald Batt has a photograph of the car at an LMC event from around this time.

1974 Purchased by Philip Glynn a vet who would arrive in the Dilambda to attend to Margaret's horses when we lived at Horsted Keynes.

1978 Philip dismantles the car and embarks on a total restoration. The body is sent to the joinery workshop of my oldest school friend (we've known each other since we were 5!) for the ash frame to be repaired. A couple of days before Philip is due to collect the body an arson attack on the workshop totally destroys the body.

2002 Quite by chance I meet Philip and enquire after the Dilambda. He has had her rebuilt to almost a rolling chassis but lacks the funds to complete the job. I go for a look, am totally smitten, we agree a deal and she's mine. Morris Parry points me in the direction of the Carlton Carriage Co. body she now wears and the rest as they say is history. http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1239.0

I have started to try and track down any Einzig family survivors discovering that there was a son and a daughter. The son Richard an architect died in the late 1980s and the daughter married so the trail went cold although with a bit more effort I could probably trace her.

Knowing Modestine's history makes her ownership all the more special and especially so that I now live in the village where she has spent most of her life to date.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 03 November, 2015, 05:00:33 PM »

Only one word Robin......glorious!

Thank you.

Anyone got the 1969 LMC photo to hand and or do you have period photos of Modestine from the 30s/40s?

P

Frank Gallagher
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 03 November, 2015, 07:36:59 PM »

" Morris Parry points me in the direction of the Carlton Carriage Co. body she now wears and the rest as they say is history."

How easy that sounds! But we know the truth, a dedication of love Shocked

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 04 November, 2015, 10:08:10 AM »

I know I'm the third owner of my Fulvia. Like Andy I 'lost' the Italian paperwork with the owners, original Veneto number etc when I re-registered it here in France. I didn't take a copy, thinking I would get it all back. Keep meaning to ask if I can have a copy if it still exists. I know that the last place it came from was Treviso and the owners name was Sandro something (unfortunately not THAT one). It still carries the plastic sleeve up behind the mirror for insurance etc with a built in card disc for parking. That came from 'Carozzeria Castellana' in Castelfranco Veneto. In an idle moment I looked them up on Google Earth. They still exist in a lovely part of the Italian countryside. I've never thought about it before but 3 owners in 44 years is quite good going. I've also just realised I've owned it for exactly half its life now.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 18 November, 2015, 10:01:13 AM »

As per the NEC inquiries, the previous owner of 7 VMH B20 has information, plus transparencies of the period it was in his ownership back in the 70s, hoping we get to see the photos plus hear about it  on the forum.

As regards my own B 12, Ricardo has now contacted (with a photo of car just after being ex-barned!) the 4 named owners/addresses  and enclosed an SAE, hoping to receive something back!

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 27 November, 2015, 07:52:02 PM »

The plot thickens.

My contact in Portugal, Ricardo, noted the second name on the registration document as having a part similar to a friend's. He mentioned this to the friend (Ricardo has known this friend since he was 3 yrs of age) who then proceeds to tell him it was indeed the Aurelia owned by his grandfather!!!! He owned it in the year he got married, 1957. Ricardo has sent him photos of the car as it was found 4 years ago hoping to they have photos of it in its prime and other information.....

Am a tad flabbergasted at this moment, but more than pleased!

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 27 November, 2015, 08:29:51 PM »

That is the sort of result that we all hope for ....... and still cannot believe it when it actually happens!!!!
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 25 December, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »

No further info has been forthcoming from Riccardos friend, plus one letter has been returned with the annotation "insufficient address" on it, so Riccardo is going to visit said address and see what transpires.

Hoping the New year turns up something of interest.

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 07 January, 2016, 09:33:45 AM »

Well, well.....well........

Who would have believed it, got an update from Ricardo with the following attachment. Am really, really pleased!

Some of the dates don't tally ie, those on backs of said photos but maybe we can fine tune. Plus an Appia photo included

To say I'm delighted is pretty much an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!

P

* Fotografias do Lancia Aurelia B12 matricula SO-14-96.jpg (391.6 KB, 1700x2338 - viewed 330 times.)

Frank Gallagher
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 07 January, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »

Wow Frank,
Brilliant. What wonderful evocative photos.
No wonder you're a Happy Bunny Grin
I think you owe Ricardo a pint or three.

Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 07 January, 2016, 10:53:05 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 08 January, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »

Fantastic Frank, what a truly magical find. Every right to be mighty pleased. Encourages me to get back on the trail of the Einzig family re Modestine.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd