Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:47:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1970 Race / road Legal Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato 1.3s (series 1.5)  (Read 5289 times)
LouK

« on: 28 October, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »

The time has come to see if we can find a suitable new home for my wonderful Fulvia Sport race / road car.  Most of you will be aware of the history of the car and all the fun I've had in him but for those new to the Club or needing a reminder here is a snapshot:

History:  a road series 1.5 prepared for racing by Paul Howarth who won the HSCC HRS championship in 1995.  Bought by Jason and myself in 1998 and I pretty much raced every year until around 2005.  Close to 40 class victories in HSCC 70's Roadsports and a best overall championship result of 3rd overall.  I used the car on a regular basis over the years (Ollon-Villars Hill climb, Spa etc) and then we put the car back on the track for the 60th Fulvia anniversary year in 2013.

Preparation: too much to mention - we have a massive file.  Full race engine, 5 speed gearbox (adaptor), uprated clutch, HF suspension, roll cage etc etc.

Use: the car is road legal and capable of receiving an MOT (none with it at present as it is SORN).  The race engine is fine on the roads as it was prepared with rally cams and not race to make it more drivable.  The car was always driven to every HSCC race / track days etc.  Note however that it is a stripped out racer.  No sound proofing, heater etc although the interior is original. 

Current condition: at the last race it took part in, the engine developed a "noise" so I shut it down immediately.  The car has been sitting in the garage for 2 years waiting for the engine to be taken out and the spare fast / track / road engine to go into the car.  This is a Peter Gerrish prepared and refreshed engine.  We still plan to do this unless someone would like to take the car as is.  If the car is to be raced it will need new harnesses and the fire extinguisher checked etc.

Why sell: we truly dislike cars not being used and sadly the Fulvia 1.3s hasn't been in our plans for quite some time.  We are lucky enough to own an ex-race Fulvia Sport 1.6s so we will continue our Fulvia obsession and have 5 other race cars which take our time and energy.  The car deserves to be used and loved as I have done over the last 17 years (wow that long!)

All this means we will need to carefully vet prospective new owners (seriously!).  There's no price attached to this advert - the car won't be sold as a bargain (it doesn't take up that much garage space) and it is difficult to price given how unique it is with great history and lots of options to use it - road only, track, race, hill climb, classic tours, regularity.  I'm not advertising this outside of the Club for now as I'd rather have a Club member buy and enjoy it.

Please message me for tons of pictures, loads of stories, full spec and to chat through the engine options.  Be prepared that I may well talk myself out of selling him...

* Merrist Wood Show 2013.jpg (117.52 KB, 800x600 - viewed 1086 times.)
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »

Very interested, just sent PM

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
LouK

« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2015, 07:41:47 PM »

SOLD and very soon to be in fantastic new hands...
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 10 November, 2015, 07:48:58 PM »

Great news. Good cars never stick around. Hope its gone to a club member or new to be member....

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
LouK

« Reply #4 on: 10 November, 2015, 07:50:16 PM »

All is good on that front Tim  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up