Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:32:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vignale paint  (Read 3526 times)
davidalanbatt

« on: 13 November, 2007, 08:46:29 PM »

Looking at our newly acquired vignale, the underside of the bonnet and boot are painted black, rather than in the body colour which is silver. Can anyone tell me if this is original? I notice the inner wings and bulkheads of Flavias seem to be painted black, so I take it this is how they left the factory?
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #1 on: 22 November, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »

Hi Paul . I thought by now you would have had a reply from a Flavia expert to your question!  Huh? All i can say is the engine bay of my Vignale is a sort of textured black finish, my 1800 coupe that i had before was the same, the boot lid is coloured as the rest of the car is, it may be how the under bonnet area Smiley is mean't to be, but  I don't know for sure, so now it's time for the experts to comment. Wink Regards Roger. P.S. how about some pics, and i presume not over heating now!

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2007, 06:47:21 PM »

Weerninks' book shows the engine bay painted black and the inner wings painted black - no photos of an open bonnet. Try an image search on google to see if it throws up any period pictures.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
davidalanbatt

« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »

Thanks Roger & Ncundy, I have already tried a search for an image but have had no luck so far.
Maybe I will just leave it black.
As regards the overheating, I think both head gaskets will need repacing. The coolant level in the radiator keeps falling and I keep finding coolant pooling on top of the gaskets on both sides. I did a chemical block test and it was OK, but I think it is probably safer to change the gaskets.
i will get some pictures next time the car is out.
Regards
paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd