Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:19:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my new integrale  (Read 160014 times)
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« on: 31 August, 2015, 10:19:08 PM »

well, my first integrale to be more accurate. a car i've been trying to buy for some time.
needs a fair amount of welding but having done quite a few alfasuds i'm used to rust!

it's an odd car though that needs a little help from you guys to figure out what i've bought. all the trim of a 16V but an 8V engine. i had been told it may be one of the swiss 8V Kat cars but it has nither a kat or ABS, both of which it should have i'm told if a swiss car?

guy i bought it off has had it since virtually new in 1990 so unlikly to have been a parts swap car like you can get with multi owners so he assures me it's as it was when new and i believe him to be genuine.
i've also emailed walkers garage to see if they can shed any light on it, they being the original selling agent.
the car was converted by john whalley to RHD , something i need as i can't get on with LHD cars.

any ideas?

i'll make a start on it next year as too busy at the moment with other stuff.

rot in the usual areas but surprisingly good in others...
« Last Edit: 31 August, 2015, 10:23:41 PM by Kevinlincs » Logged

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2015, 11:41:43 AM »

Kat ( on an Evo2 ) sits under the passenger footwell so there's a lump there. If you wish to pop the registration on ( or part of it ) then someone may know of it and the history. Just bear in mind this is a public part of the forum if you're sensitive about details like that ( as some are ) - otherwise put something in the members' only section ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »

i've had some news today from walkers which may shed some light onto it, just awaiting more details..

* grale1.jpg (444.91 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 603 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2015, 06:20:11 PM »

Paul Baker,
Tipo 038 is your man, Paul is very knowledgable on all integrale/evo and knows what models are what and the 8v Kat cars.He also owned a wicked S4 Stradale Grin Grin
I expect if Paul is about he'll answer you.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 01 September, 2015, 06:55:51 PM »

hi brian.
thanks for the info, i've heard about pauls exploits through the LMC mag over the years so would be keen on hearing from him.
i also met yourself once a few years back at a sharnbrook classic car meet, i was in an alfasud parked next to you, a red ti. loved your fulvia berlina. i'm restoring one for a friend at the moment.

i may have some answers about the cars history from ben at walkers, quite an intersing story if it all turns out to be correct. i'll give more details once it's confirmed.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 01 September, 2015, 07:16:24 PM »

some rusty pictures, now i've worked out how to post them!

* nearside front lower corner to x-member.jpg (378.24 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 563 times.)

* offside front strut top area.jpg (368.6 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 555 times.)

* offside front jacking point area.jpg (392.44 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 569 times.)

* offside front lower front corner to x-member.jpg (381.4 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 605 times.)

* offside sill.jpg (341.79 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 581 times.)

* nearside sill.jpg (373.87 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 547 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 02 September, 2015, 08:03:04 AM »

Yep! That's a fair bit of work but you will know the car inside out by the time you are done. Good luck.

If you were at Sharnbrook are you close enough to join us at the Herts & Beds meet? We would give you lots of encouragement.

Frank
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 02 September, 2015, 10:56:15 AM »

hi brian.
thanks for the info, i've heard about pauls exploits through the LMC mag over the years so would be keen on hearing from him.
i also met yourself once a few years back at a sharnbrook classic car meet, i was in an alfasud parked next to you, a red ti. loved your fulvia berlina. i'm restoring one for a friend at the moment.

i may have some answers about the cars history from ben at walkers, quite an intersing story if it all turns out to be correct. i'll give more details once it's confirmed.

Hi Kevin,
Nice to hear from you.
What year is the Berlina you're restoring please.?
good luck with your own work, that should keep you busy for a while Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 02 September, 2015, 02:09:33 PM »

Hi I think it must have been imported and was originally a Swiss market car then converted by Whalley's after importation, it has an Evo bonnet too just to add confusion.
I am sorry but RHD cars I am not a fan of, the car does not handle the same way as intended and other parts used detract from the feel of the integrale, sorry you do not get on with LHD!
Looks like a complex project, rather you than me!
Good luck!
DVLA must be able to help you with some info on the car when imported Etc?
Paul
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 02 September, 2015, 06:34:38 PM »

i'm just waiting for confirmation from the original selling agent that may well put to bed what the car is, or was.

i can understand how things get changed around with cars this age if they've been through 10 or more owners but this one is a one owner from new car, and the elderly gent i bought from inisists it is as it was when he got it. if the theory checks out then all will become clear.

i'm up in lincolnshire so sharnbrook was a one off show for me, once i get going though i'd be keen for a meet up.
the welding repairs don't daunt me too much, i've done a few bare shell restorations now so that side i'm happy with. no doubt i'll be asking loads of questions on the technical side of things though so your guys help at that stage would be appreciated.

the berlina is a '72 K plate car brian. in pretty decent shape really.

no probs re the rhd thing paul, i know that the converted cars aren't to everyones taste and have heard about the handling compromises but it's the only one i'd have. i used to work on vw campervans so we had plenty of lhd cars & vans coming in, hated driving them all. just couldn't get used to it.
the bonnet though is a 16V one isn't it? doesn't have the smaller side vents that evo ones have as far as i can tell from pictures of evo's. happy to be told otherwise though so feel free to point me in the right direction.

gave the car a wash tonight just to get rid of some moss from it, amazing how much better they look when wet!

* wet grale1.jpg (282.21 KB, 2304x3072 - viewed 586 times.)

* wet grale2.jpg (293.1 KB, 2304x3072 - viewed 551 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #10 on: 02 September, 2015, 09:21:25 PM »

Hi Kevin

Always interesting to learn of someone in Lincs, given its size, which part of Lincs are you in?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 02 September, 2015, 10:05:39 PM »

Hi Kevin

Always interesting to learn of someone in Lincs, given its size, which part of Lincs are you in?

Peter

Hi Peter.
I'm over towards the coast, between Boston and Skegness.

You're right, it is a big county and Lancia owners are spread out a little!

Kev.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #12 on: 03 September, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »

You are right no side vents on bonnet i can see much better now it has been washed
paul
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 03 September, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »

You are right no side vents on bonnet i can see much better now it has been washed
paul

Grin there was quite a film of stubborn moss and grime on it, looks better now it's been washed off even if it's now returned to it's natural pink!
no problem though, back to a bare shell once i get started next year so it'll all get fresh paint.

thanks for the advice, looking forward to bugging you guys with questions next year  Wink

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #14 on: 03 September, 2015, 02:43:15 PM »

Hi Peter.
I'm over towards the coast, between Boston and Skegness.

You're right, it is a big county and Lancia owners are spread out a little!

Kev.

They are very spread out, hence why I guess it was difficult to keep a regular meeting going. I am near Newark on the Notts border, so not a million miles away, at least in the same part of Lincs.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd