Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:56:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mats and Carpets  (Read 2478 times)
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« on: 12 August, 2015, 06:52:01 PM »

I'm about to start on the restoration of the interior of my recently acquired S2 Coupe.    Can anybody give advice on mats and carpets?  The car came with fitted red carpets, and in a box of spares there were various rubber mat pieces.  My first question is what did S2 Coupes come with when new: rubber mats, carpets, or both?   Second question, if I opt for carpet, is it recommended that an underlay or sound deadener be placed underneath?  Third question: can anybody recommend a good source for carpet sets and sound deadening? I plan to go with black rather than the current red.
Looking forward to any responses, Norm

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
John B
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2015, 06:55:26 AM »

For sound deadening products a good place to start looking is

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/default.aspx

1961 Appia S3
1969 Fiat 850 Special
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2015, 05:30:27 PM »

Not original, but all the top people seem to use Dynamat these days. It could be considered a modern alternative to the tarred felt Lancia used in the early sixties.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 13 August, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »

Someone with lots of experience with carpets and trimming for Fulvias (and other Lancias) is Brian Cates, who runs a trimming business from his base in Bournemouth. Brian used to post on this forum - his email address is zagatoseven@hotmail.com

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd