Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 05:33:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 1 Zagato - Blown no 3 fuse issue!  (Read 2955 times)
libbyvic
Lapsed

« on: 08 August, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »

Hi All, I wonder if you can help with this one. My fuse no 3 on my Fulvia series 1 zagato is continually blowing. Things that are not working are as follows;
Horn does not work
Headlamps work on side light and full beam only. It seems the headlamp solenoid does not click to take the lights onto main beam.
Clock now stopped.

I have taken out the light switch and ignition to see if any wires are touching but no obvious connection.
Fuse still blows with the horn relay disconnected and the horn.

Does anyone have a headlamp solenoid and light switch for me to buy and try, or anything else I can try to ID the issue?

Many thanks,
Michael

1968 Fulvia Sport S1 Zagato
libbyvic
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 08 August, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »

Sorry meant to say Headlamp relay, not solenoid.

davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 August, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »

I had his problem - turned out that the stop light switch had come adrift and was shorting its terminals from time to time.  Worth a look - it is attatched to the brake pedal mount in the footwell...

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
libbyvic
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 08 August, 2015, 05:30:32 PM »

Had a look but my brake stop switch is on the back of the brake master cylinder. Is that the one you mean?

nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 11 August, 2015, 11:46:22 AM »

An interesting problem as the light relays on the Zagato are of course different from the coupe because there are no four lights to turn on in various combinations. Note that in the Fulvia the light contacts are always connected live on even when switched off and they are turned on by putting the circuits to ground. Thus, it is worth checking very carefully for stray contact concerning the lights and the relays which can be opened with a bit of care (make a detailed diagram), cleaned and refitted for full service. It is also worth remembering that the horn takes the maximum amp current in the whole circuit, in fact to test the battery charge it is often enough to try the horn and hear it loud. My bet is on the light circuit. Good luck, Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 11 August, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »

Had a look but my brake stop switch is on the back of the brake master cylinder. Is that the one you mean?

Mine is a mechanical one, yours is hydraulic so not the culprit.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd