Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:56:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imasaf Exhaust System  (Read 4302 times)
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« on: 26 July, 2015, 01:28:00 PM »

I'm looking at an Imasaf exhaust system on Ebay.  It's from a German company and costs just under a hundred plus postage.  Has anybody got any experience of this item?  I'd like to get a stainless steel system but I want to keep to a moderate budget and my car isn't going to get much winter usage.

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 26 July, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »

I have a slightly modified 50 mm Fulvia Coupe centre  Imasaf system on our Fulvia GTE (all the Berlinas used the same centre 40mm system) which was fitted at their factory N of Padova a couple of months ago and I cannot speak highly enough of them.
The quality is good, the noise is as it should be and their price's are competitive. And there is the added bonus is that they do systems for many older Lancia's off the shelf.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 26 July, 2015, 08:53:23 PM »

That's great feedback Chris.  I'm going to go ahead and order one for my S2.
Cheers, Norm

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
GialloHPEIan

« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2015, 10:26:59 PM »

I recently purchased an Imasaf exhaust system on eBay (from Germany) for my 1998 Delta as there was no way my existing original system was going to pass the impending MOT test. It arrived in two days by DPD courier, appeared to be extremely well made (manufactured in Italy of course!) and sounds slightly more sporty than the genuine original system. The other unexpected bonus is that it appears to have released a few more horses as the car is definitely more lively now. I should also add that it came with new hanging rubbers and sealing ring to mate with the catalytic converter. They also manufacture the downpipe and replacement Cat. should I need them in the future. Time will tell how long it lasts but impressed so far. Incidentally, the car passed the MOT after unblocking the screenwash jets.
I hope this information will go some way to reassuring you.

Regards

Ian

1998 Delta HPE 2.0HF Turbo 16v
1968 Land Rover Series IIa Lightweight
2018 Fiat Ducato L2H2
2011 BMW 1 Series 118i M-Sport Convertible

Prev.Lancias: Beta Spyder 2000('80) Delta HF Turbo Martini('88) Prisma 1600('86) Montecarlo('77) Dedra Turbo(
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 30 July, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »

Did you guys fit the Imasaf exhaust as it came, or did you apply any exterior treatment to it?
Regards, Norm

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd