Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:04:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ardea 40a fuse  (Read 5355 times)
Tonio83

« on: 08 July, 2015, 09:48:20 AM »

hi all,
I found out that the battery was not charging properly so opened the fuses box and looked for fuses problems they looked ok. however when i opened the main one i found out there is a really odd and small 40 amp fuse that doesn`t look like anything i have ever seen. it is 10mm long and white. it is burnt so i need to replace it but cannot find such a small fuse.
any idea??

* IMG_20150708_103155.jpg (1104.31 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 346 times.)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 July, 2015, 03:08:13 PM »

Could you use the metal from one like your full size example and put an arch in the fusible material to shorten the distance between the end caps or solder a section of 40 amp fuse between the end caps of your mini fuse?

Frank
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 July, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »

It looks the same as Aprilia. I will look and see if I have any spares, but otherwise, as Frank says,you could re-solder the one you have

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Tonio83

« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »

yes i think the don`t make it is too short. I am planning to cut the long holder and fit a normal size continental 40ah.. problem is i think generator is not charging battery and the tension is killing the starter it is the second time the starter dies. Simon did you experience problems with starter in the aprilia??
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 09 July, 2015, 10:58:53 AM »

It looks the same as Aprilia. I will look and see if I have any spares, but otherwise, as Frank says,you could re-solder the one you have
They are the same as used in the Bosch main switch on late Lambdas. I have a few spares and will have them with me at the AGM tomorrow and the weekend. The Lambda consortium have them in stock at about £6.00 plus postage, so I would happily part with one or two. Regards, John
Tonio83

« Reply #5 on: 09 July, 2015, 09:11:23 PM »

i will be in Italy on the weekend. thanks John first opportunity i will remember you to bring the sapere. I dunno if i am going to have a look at Silverstone!
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 10 July, 2015, 07:42:08 AM »

Hi, it sounds like you have a solution to the fuse ......

Re starter motor, I have never had a problem with it. Is your regulator working correctly ? The problem I sometimes get is the dynamo brushes may take a few seconds to seat if I haven't started the car for a while.

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
HPEHF
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 10 July, 2015, 07:42:30 AM »

If you are in Italy and Turin especially it might be worth looking out Cavaletto as I am sure they will have some.

Regards

Simon
Tonio83

« Reply #8 on: 13 July, 2015, 10:03:02 AM »

hi Simon yes i fitted a proper 40ah fuse and looking forward to see if the generator will works fine now.  DTR reconditioned my starter because got dirt in it coming from spilled fuel and was starting to fail but reconditioning did not last it could be the regulator or more dirt. really the electrics have been done badly and i am going through little by little and i am founding lots of modern connections and by-passes they look bad and possibly are straining the battery. i hope to receive from italy a provisional old starter (got it for 60£) this week and also bought spares to restore mine. i will be in turin next week and will try to pop up to Cavaletto!!
thanks for the hint!
A
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 13 July, 2015, 06:03:43 PM »

I expect your spelling would still find him, but it's Cavalitto actually.
Regards, John
Tonio83

« Reply #10 on: 14 July, 2015, 01:35:12 PM »

John,
god bless google.it!! i will pop up at the store next Tuesday. i have in mind some electrics bits to try to set the car on fire!!
Wink
A.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd