Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:28:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HEADLIGHT CONVERSION  (Read 21633 times)
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #30 on: 30 September, 2015, 07:18:26 PM »

I can only agree with Chris - except I have always  thought the Flavia Sport a "better" shape. I realise this really means nothing as it boils down to personal preference, but the Fulvia Sport is more restrained and I just love the OTT-ness of the Flavia.
The colour I confess is non-Lancia - it is a 1960s Ferrari blue so has the right feel.

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 01 October, 2015, 12:34:39 PM »

As a young man (a long time ago) I was able to appreciate the design of Fulvia Sports but had difficulty with the Flavia Sport. Nowadays however, I think they are lovely and the complete antithesis of the design of a lot of modern cars which look to me as if the front has been designed by one committee, the centre of the car by another and the rear by a third committee......then someone else comes along and puts trim panels, imitation air inlets etc on the front and rear sides to really mess it up.
I had supper once many years ago with an eminent Pininfarina designer who told me the reason that everyone regarded the Aurelia B20 design so highly is that it is possible to pick any point on the body of the car and trace a gently curving, comfortable,  uninterrupted line to the opposite extremity.
This also works with the Flavia Sport.
Chris

Someone once said to me that although the Fulvia coupe looks pretty square it's difficult to lay a 6" ruler flat anywhere on it. As far as the Flavia Sport is concerned, while it has taken some of us a time to realise it is a beautiful car, Ercole Spada knew straight away, the sign of a top designer.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 01 October, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »

One story is that the side windows should have continued over the roof which might make more sense of it.

I still think you can't even claim it looks like the front of one car stuck to the back of another - as the front and back separately look like nothing else.

One feature that doesn't show well in photos is the way the headlights are in their own 'nacelle' on top of the overall form.  The only other car I can think of which has the same feature is the Lotus 11.  It results in an odd looking line on the wing where they join, odd in photos, a delight in the metal once you "get" that the line is that of the bonnet between the wings.

David

* DSC03711 (Copy).JPG (131.72 KB, 800x533 - viewed 444 times.)

* DSC09903 (Copy).JPG (169.09 KB, 800x533 - viewed 440 times.)

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd