Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: aerial photography  (Read 6164 times)
RobD
Lapsed

« on: 24 May, 2015, 06:23:16 PM »

Yesterday we had a drone out to take some aerial footage of motorcycle trail riding in the Marches for a short promo video for my business. It seemed too good an opportunity to miss and so I brought the Fulvia along to get some bird's eye views of the car in some dramatic scenery
Having had a quick look the footage looks pretty good. Hopefully we'll have it edited into something watchable by the end of the week and I'll post a link

The drone was so quiet it didn't even startle the horses.

« Last Edit: 24 May, 2015, 06:25:22 PM by RobD » Logged

You're all entitled to my opinion.
'75 Fulvia 1.3S
'68 works Laverda 125cc ISDT
KTM 640 Adventure
Yamaha TDM 900
Numerous Gas Gas trail bikes...
www.adventureride.co.uk
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2015, 09:23:08 AM »

They are remarkable things these days especially for the price. A few years ago they would only have been available to the film industry at huge cost. My business partner has just bought one mainly for commercial use but also fun. In the highest winds the camera is totally stable. Look forward to the film.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2015, 10:14:29 AM »

What about taking a pic of a fat antiroll bar?? Guys these are now available from Omicron......amd you cam use your existing (worn out) mounts Cheesy

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2015, 11:15:46 AM »

Hi Rod

I don't suppose you're going to the AGM are you ? Smiley - It'd be lovely to have an aerial pictue of the carpark !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
smithymc

1976 Beta coupe - Chocolate Lime

« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2015, 03:14:11 PM »

I was at the Auto Italia Summertime show last year and watched a young man fly a drone over the event- I tried to work out how many millions of pounds worth of cars were beneath him - I doubt he or his parents had insurance.

They have been a hot topic of late in my profession of surveying for inspecting inaccessible roof areas, etc, but lots of confusion over where/who you can and cant fly them and whether you need a CAA licence. I am tempted to get one once the dust settles.

Your shots look ideal and safe, but I think there is a 50m from a building/150 from the public rule somewhere in the mix.
RobD
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 27 May, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »

The subject of irresponsible drone use is indeed a hot topic.The guys we used are pros who do filming for the likes of Halfords and other large companies. They've got all the relevant insurances to fly a drone commercially. Out of courtesy we informed the local glider club who operate quite close by to the locations we were using.
 I found the whole exercise fascinating, they drone crew operate as a two man team, one flying the drone and the other operating the camera. It was interesting to observe how the crew planned carefully orchestrated flight trajectories and camera panning shots. Impressive stuff especially when you consider there are three complex elements to factor in- the flight path of the drone, the moving vehicle and the sweep of the camera. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye. And then of course there's the wind...not to mention keeping three motorbikes more or less in formation across rough terrain. After all that, filming the Fulvia was a doddle.
« Last Edit: 28 May, 2015, 10:02:11 PM by RobD » Logged

'75 Fulvia 1.3S
KTM 640 Adventure
Yamaha TDM 900
www.adventureride.co.uk
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 28 May, 2015, 07:43:06 AM »

The drone looks quite creepy Shocked

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 28 May, 2015, 06:49:44 PM »

A friend who is a videographer working for a major charity was recently provided with a drone by his work. I believe it cost £2,500 and was operated by a tablet computer. However when he started investigating how to fly it he found he had to get the latest generation tablet to be compatible with the drone. Once that was sorted he said it was amazing and a doddle to fly even in strong winds because everything is computer controlled and giro stabilised.

As to the legal side I know there are detailed laws and regulations for flying radio controlled planes so I imagine something similar would apply to drones. Subject to how the pilot conducts himself I think the drones are probably safer than r/c planes because of the computer controlled stability programming.
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 29 May, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »

I have a feeling that thanks to irresponsible users and the landing of (mildly) radioactive material on a government building somewhere recently rules will get a lot tighter. Recently there were mysterious drones appearing over government buildings in Paris for about 5 days running. No doubt terrorists are thinking up ways to use them.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
RobD
Lapsed

« Reply #9 on: 07 June, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »

We only got about 30 secs of Lancia stuff and it's hardly worth showing, however for anybody who might be interested here's the bike footage.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VbkxhJDo-NYkVVVko1MVRSM0E/view

'75 Fulvia 1.3S
KTM 640 Adventure
Yamaha TDM 900
www.adventureride.co.uk
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 07 June, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »

Was that the drone at 1:30 or a camera on a pole?  It looked really tight in between the trees.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
RobD
Lapsed

« Reply #11 on: 07 June, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »

That shot was taken from a skillfully piloted drone! Quite a tricky shot...

'75 Fulvia 1.3S
KTM 640 Adventure
Yamaha TDM 900
www.adventureride.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd