Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 10:13:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorsport Breakfast - Nottingham 21 March  (Read 3080 times)
angelorange
Megaposter

« on: 10 March, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/events/819402831465024/

Should have the Fulvia race car there.  Bring some more Lancias!

Cheers

Lukas

"Come and have breakfast, see some cool cars and motorcycles, compete in competitions and enjoy the company of like minded people at Trent Vineyard (registered charity and church in Nottingham: http://www.trentvineyard.org ).

There will be charge of £4 for a full English breakfast. Please book your place early.
Book and pay at trentv.org/motorsport . You can also invite people and pay on the door. Just email tom.murphy@trentvineyard.org with your booking."

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2015, 08:16:19 PM »

I wish that we could get a "full English breakfast" for 4 quid !

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 11 March, 2015, 08:01:46 AM »

Simon, I think you have the better deal. All that beautiful wine at French prices, not to mention your home grown, far outweighs the advantage of a full english for £4.

It is also necessary to consider whether obesity is better or worse than a knackered liver!!!! If I had a little more money I might well have both. As it is, buying/restoring Lancias appears to be a relatively healthy option. Somehow I do not think my wife sees it like that!!!!

Andy
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 11 March, 2015, 09:52:39 AM »

Have to agree with Simon - one of the few things I do miss. I do my own on Sundays but you can't get anything like English bacon here and that's the big difference. Also every type of sausage here is spicy or garlicky in some way and while very good, at breakfast you just want a good old plain English sausage that doesn't dominate the other tastes. I have a neighbour who was an English teacher and is taking a class of villagers once a week. Recently they did different meals and she described what we have for breakfast. Apparently they were quite disgusted at the thought of baked beans first thing in the morning with only one bloke saying he quite fancied it! The other thing that has passed the French by is the whole concept of pies.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 11 March, 2015, 10:20:08 AM »

One of the many reasons to love Lewisham is being able to get a Spanish or an Italian sausage with your breakfast.  However I've yet to find a French...

I had an Italian take on baked beans the other day as well.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
mikeC
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 11 March, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »

I'll be there for a proper English breakfast  Grin

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
John B
Lapsed

« Reply #6 on: 11 March, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »

Also here in Italy it is very difficult to find anything resembling a traditional English sausage or rashers of Bacon.
The best of both those items plus other English style stuff comes from our local LIDL...... however it appears the Italians are not buying enough of this strange "imported" stuff as a lot of the lines have now been dropped.
Not seen a meat pie for 10 years - have to make our own.
We find that all our Italian neighbours and friends are so set in their ways they will not even try a piece of Toad in the Hole,
Chile-con-carne or Curry.....if there is no pasta in it they will not eat it!
This attitude is however good news for Italian car manufacturers, probably 60% of all cars on the road are Fiat, Alfa and LANCIA (that last bit makes it relevant to the forum!).
John

1961 Appia S3
1969 Fiat 850 Special
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd