Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:46:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1300 Camshafts  (Read 2032 times)
STALancia

« on: 18 February, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »

I'm about to start rebuilding a 1300 engine, and am gathering information on the various parts. The engine is seized, and after 6 months of soaking with Plusgas / heating the block, etc, there is still no movement, so it's time to open it up. The engine appears to be built from at least a couple of different donor engines (judging by the different colour paint used on the block and the head), and the car itself I know to have been used in hill climbing events, so I don't know what I'm going to find in there!

Removing the cam cover reveals everything to be clean and tidy, so it's clearly been well looked after at some point. First things first, I was wondering if anybody knows the provenance of the camshafts. They appear to be cast with the letters 'P & T' on them. I have another 1300 donor engine which I believe to be more original than the one in the car, and the camshafts in there don't have the same markings.

Picture attached, any help appreciated.

* Engine 001.jpg (799.62 KB, 2000x1500 - viewed 344 times.)

* Engine 002.jpg (825.24 KB, 2000x1500 - viewed 369 times.)
« Last Edit: 19 February, 2015, 12:19:40 AM by STALancia » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd