Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:41:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flavia mouse  (Read 4226 times)
Dave Gee
Megaposter

« on: 04 January, 2015, 10:33:08 AM »

As well as the Aprilia, I have a long term restoration project - a Flavia Sport. I must admit I only manage to get round to her occasionally. However, a new year word of warning! Having had the petrol tank cleaned out and repaired, it was returned to me wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap. Over Christmas I reorganised the workshop (an old barn), only to find that although I share the barn with several mice, against which there is an ongoing war including multi-pronged attack with traps and fudge bar, and the odd cat, one well and truly got the better of me: attached you will find some interesting pictures of the latest des res for mice! Excuse the quality of the pictures - probably due to my frustration at the absolute cheek of it!

* Mouse house (2) R.jpg (98.35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 599 times.)

* Mouse house (1) R.jpg (45.59 KB, 640x480 - viewed 689 times.)

* Mouse house R.jpg (60.9 KB, 640x480 - viewed 631 times.)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 January, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »

Have you been to the High Court of the Pied Piper, take out a house mouse restriction order preventing them coming within a 100 metres radius of said Flavia.....I would!

Wink

P

Frank Gallagher
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2015, 11:22:20 PM »

Dilambda Mouse.

When trying to get the Dilambda to fire up as a last resort we removed the cylinder head and found the remains of a mouse nest in one of the bores. It must have climbed in through the manifold found an open valve and dropped inside. Removing it didn't cure the problem, that was because I didn't understand the way in which the cylinders were numbered even though the numbers were stamped on the block!  Roll Eyes

Robin.

* Pictures from Sony 228.jpg (706.58 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 317 times.)

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 18 January, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

A cautionary tale on the pursuit of legal process by cat.

My garage came with a cat flap in the door and I was perfectly happy to have the cats about to deter rodent squatters. However one winter I had taken the rusty rear side windows out of my Beta Coupe intending to replace them with some nice stainless steel ones I had acquired. In the mean time I covered the car with a large blanket to keep it safe. Little did I know that my cat had spent the winter creeping up under the blanket, in through the absent windows and sleeping on the nice tangerine coloured velour seats. I could have forgiven that but he also spent the winter stropping his claws on the seat backs. All of them!

That cat is now dead, though I hasten to say not at my hands, but it was a close run thing.

Frank
RobD
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 21 January, 2015, 11:01:45 AM »

Don't underestimate the threat of rodent infestation...
Until recently a good pal of mine had a very nice late model AMG Merc coupe, one of those V12 jobbies. He parked it up for a few months and then discovered it wouldn't start and all manner of fault codes were displayed on the dash.
He's technically savvy and this sort of thing wouldn't normally phase him but when he investigated he discovered key parts of the loom had been eaten away by mice. As you probably know these big Mercs depreciate at a frightening rate and the cost of replacing such a complex loom made the car uneconomical to repair and it had to be scrapped.
 Of course if the car had points, plugs, a carb and a coil... Grin Grin Grin

You're all entitled to my opinion.
'75 Fulvia 1.3S
'68 works Laverda 125cc ISDT
KTM 640 Adventure
Yamaha TDM 900
Numerous Gas Gas trail bikes...
www.adventureride.co.uk
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #5 on: 22 January, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

You have to be careful how you store car seats and other nice soft fabrics belong to tour precious car, I took the seats out of my flavia ,stripped them from the frames , cleaned the vinyl ,put them into plastic and put them on the shelf stored flat. When I came back a couple of years later looking around the shelf there was bits of sponge crumbs around the place  Shocked, I took the seats out to find a very nice comfortable little home dug into the middle of the seat base.  Huh?. LITTLE B------S. Angry

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156