Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:34:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drive it day 26th April 2015  (Read 17553 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #30 on: 30 April, 2015, 09:11:45 AM »

I can't help thinking that Drive-it-Day has lost the plot. It was instigated to encourage classic car owners to get their cars out and drive them, and be seen by the general public, on the open roads; now it's being used as an excuse to hold events off the public highway, just like every other weekend through the summer.
I took my Appia out, and did nearly 100 miles without seeing another classic car; presumably everyone locally was holed-up in a field somewhere...

Oh, and that Bristol is just beautiful; it's based on a Talbot 150S with Figoni & Falaschi coachwork, which is probably my most lusted-after car of all time:

Mike,
It seems to be one of those odd things, I drove to the Bicester Heritage meeting a distance of about 40 miles and didn't see another Classic until I got to the event, where there 1000+ vehicles!
On the way home after leaving the event, once I was a couple of miles down the road I only spotted another 3 during the 40 miles home, I think that while gathered together in significant numbers once everyone goes there own way the number becomes insignificant.
The same goes for Saturday when I'm off to Brooklands a journey of about 65 miles down the M1 and around the M25, but usually it's very unlikely I'll spot any at all until I'm past the M4 Junction, and even then nothing much until I'm on top of Brooklands.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd