Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 06:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Barnfinds  (Read 4625 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 05 December, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »

From http://www.artcurial.com/en/departments/classic_and_racing_cars/  including a Thema 8.32

* castle%20of%20the%20lost%20classics.jpg (184.02 KB, 940x504 - viewed 320 times.)
« Last Edit: 12 December, 2014, 01:41:56 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 09 December, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »

full list here ;

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/classic-car-discoveries/barnfind-of-the-century-revealed-in-france?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=&utm_content=main_story_top_1&utm_source=20141209

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 11 December, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »

Anyone here going to have a look?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 11 December, 2014, 05:03:58 PM »

No - too dangerous !

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 12 December, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »

What an incredidle list. Casually thrown in is a Ferrari 250 California Spider. Think that may be it in the photo covered in old magazines. Some of the photos almost look like a modelmakers work. If it was April 1st I would have my doubts.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 12 December, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »

Ferrari 250 California Spider. Think that may be it in the photo covered in old magazines.

That is it, the ex Alain Delon car; .... obvious place to store your old mags and a few bits of furniture.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 12 December, 2014, 02:21:40 PM »

Further details from www.classicdriver.com/en/article/auctions/further-details-60-classics-lost-long-term-parking?utm_medium=email&utn

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 12 December, 2014, 02:25:19 PM »

Anyone here going to have a look?
      Or anyone here know the most practical way of getting there? I thought there were organised coach tours at one time.

Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 12 December, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »

It is rumoured that Artcurial will show the collection at its present location to a "limited number" of "very interested" customers. They will receive VIP-treatment, and exclusive view of the cars, etc. etc. That preview will of course cost something ....

So do not think that you can view the cars just by going there....

The place where the cars are stored is visible on google earth however, and you can salivate in front of your screen, if you so desire.
Have a look at the end of this excellent article which gives the exact location:
http://lautomobileancienne.com/collection-roger-baillon/

In my opinion this is just a perfectly orchestrated marketing campaign by the Artcurial people, and I will not loose my sleep over it.
« Last Edit: 12 December, 2014, 03:37:29 PM by Sebastien » Logged
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 12 December, 2014, 04:32:26 PM »

Or anyone here know the most practical way of getting there? I thought there were organised coach tours at one time.

I would have thought that Eurostar from London, then Metro/RER across Paris - the station is 2 minutes from the exhibition centre.

I can go there and back in a day from down here, London is much closer so should be possible as well

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 12 December, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »

I would have thought that Eurostar from London, then Metro/RER across Paris - the station is 2 minutes from the exhibition centre.

I can go there and back in a day from down here, London is much closer so should be possible as well

It may well be handier Simon, but will the good and the great off this forum be able to brave the horrors that awaits them at the Gare du Nord??!!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article4261181.ece

Wink

P
« Last Edit: 12 December, 2014, 04:36:43 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 23 December, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »

It is rumoured that Artcurial will show the collection at its present location to a "limited number" of "very interested" customers. They will receive VIP-treatment, and exclusive view of the cars, etc. etc. That preview will of course cost something ....

So do not think that you can view the cars just by going there....

The place where the cars are stored is visible on google earth however, and you can salivate in front of your screen, if you so desire.
Have a look at the end of this excellent article which gives the exact location:
http://lautomobileancienne.com/collection-roger-baillon/

In my opinion this is just a perfectly orchestrated marketing campaign by the Artcurial people, and I will not loose my sleep over it.
.      I assume it is a genuine collection?? On the front of Octane magazine I see.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd