Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:24:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Weekend - Stratford Manor Hotel 10th - 12th July  (Read 28791 times)
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« on: 01 December, 2014, 07:16:40 AM »

The contract is nearly finalised for this event now, so I'm just giving some notice of these early plans. The hotel is just North of Stratford upon Avon and we have been allocated a large field for the event, with the fall back of the car park if the weather is poor.

We hope to have full details in VL in either February or March.

I will be managing the event so you can send any early queries to me.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »

I've attached a copy of the booking form which has just been finalised. Feel free to send early bookings if you like. Full details of the event, and a hard copy booking form, will be in the March edition of Viva Lancia.

* Booking_form_2015 with menu.doc (67 KB - downloaded 420 times.)

neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »

Full details of the event and a hard copy booking form will be in March Viva Lancia.

neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 20 April, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »

Bookings for this event close on Friday (24th April), though bookings received in Saturdays post will be accepted.

Daniele Audetto, world famous Italian Formula 1 Team Manager has agreed to be the guest speaker at  Saturday nights Gala Dinner. Here's an extract from his Wikipedia entry;

Audetto started his motorsport career in rallying as a co-driver of Luca di Montezemolo and Sandro Munari in the factory Lancia team. During his three years with the team he earned management degree at Bocconi University. He severely injured his legs during an accident and turned his attention to management within FIAT. In 1976 he replaced Montezemolo as Ferrari team manager. Audetto thus oversaw Niki Lauda's 1977 Formula One season. At the end of that season he was promoted as supervisor of all FIAT motorsport activities.[1]

He left FIAT four years later and began working as an independent sponsor-hunter and liaison, working with a variety of F1 teams and powerboat organisations, notably with the Ceramiche Ragno sponsorship of Arrows F1. After three years he was recruited by Lamborghini Engineering and within a year had been promoted to managing-director, overseeing the company's F1 engine program between 1989 and 1993. After Lamborghini Engineering shut down Audetto worked in the Superbike World Championship.[1]

At the beginning of 1996 Audetto joined Tom Walkinshaw's Ligier operation in F1 but within a few weeks Walkinshaw split with the French team, which was controlled by Flavio Briatore at the time, and bought a majority shareholding in the Arrows F1 team; Audetto, along with many others, followed him and joined Arrows. He stayed with Arrows until it closed down at the end of 2002. The following year he joined Renault F1 to coordinate the engine department and later became the business development director. He left the team at the end of 2003 for Menard, where he was the Vice President and Commercial Director.[1]

Two years later he moved to Super Aguri, where he was appointed as managing director. He remained in that position until the team ceased racing in 2008.

He has now taken up the position of managing director at HRT F1.

sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 18 June, 2015, 11:41:11 AM »

Hi All,

I'm putting together a SlideShow for the AGM of database photos uploaded in the past year which is something to have running in the background during the weekend.

If you've uploaded a photo in the past year it will be included - if you wish to have a photo included then please upload one. The instructions for doing this are here http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7564.0 - it's the same thing I did at the NEC and thought it'd be nice to bring it along to the AGM too.

Photos from the website news page will also be included ( automatically ) from here http://www.lanciamotorclub.co.uk/club-news.php

If you'd like something included but don't want to do the upload yourself then please email to me ( Database Admin email address is fine ).

I'd love to do Forum pictures too but there's no easy way to do it ( and there's rather a lot of them ! ) but if you have a favourite then send it along ( bear in mind copyright issues )

Any photos sent, please send me a brief description of what / who it is ...
« Last Edit: 18 June, 2015, 11:42:49 AM by sparehead3 » Logged

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 18 June, 2015, 04:02:24 PM »

Good idea - 4 pictures sent

Let's get the "forumistes" represented !

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 18 June, 2015, 09:25:30 PM »

I hadn't thought of that aspect ! But great idea Simon and thanks for the pictures you've sent - they're in ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
mikeC
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 11 July, 2015, 08:20:36 PM »

Saturday afternoon:

and Car of the Day:

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 12 July, 2015, 08:49:38 AM »

Thank you !

More pics and commentary please for those of us unable to attend. Can we have pictures of people as well please (with names) because I for one do not know who everyone looks like nowadays .... even many of the Forumistes are just avatars

AGM summary ?

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 12 July, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »

Be nice to know how many Lancias and the makeup as there doesn't seem to be that many going by these photos,  I was disappointed at the lack of cars last year at Cambridge compared to the turnouts we used to get.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it this year, so I'd be interested in what Fulvia Berlinas made it to the AGM

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 12 July, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »

I estimate 60-70 cars. You dont see them all unless someone has done a panoramic. Everyone felt it was a good/nice turnout. Low on Sp cars and Flaminias (1) and I did not see a Fulvia Berlina, but good show of Fulvias in general, Deltas, evos, betas, montes, and todays Lancias. Bear in mind half the UK appeared to be going on their annual holidays this weekend so maybe this held back numbers.

Oldest was Roland Grazebrooks Theta - car of the show.

Please to say my HF won a hotly contested competion class against some very serious competion from 3 other Fulvias.

The highlight was "An audience with Daniele Audetto" as after-dinner speaker who offered candid answers to questions about Rallying, F1, Lancia, and drivers. I only took issue with his view that Alonso is the best of the current drivers; but great cine footage of some truly great motor sport at its zenith.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Andy D

« Reply #11 on: 12 July, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »

Looking back at my pictures I can see 57 cars but it is possible I am a few out.  The field that we had was a lovely setting and seemed to be just the right size for the cars that gathered.  The weather was kind to us too.  Link to photos attached (cars and people  Smiley)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8165854@N08/sets/72157655772429202

1990 Delta HF Turbo i.e.
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 12 July, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »

Excellent photos , thanks !

mikeC
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 13 July, 2015, 07:51:33 AM »

Be nice to know how many Lancias and the makeup as there doesn't seem to be that many going by these photos,  I was disappointed at the lack of cars last year at Cambridge compared to the turnouts we used to get.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it this year, so I'd be interested in what Fulvia Berlinas made it to the AGM

Brian
8227 Cool

I was surprised at how few of certain models there were: only one Lambda, one Thema, one Dedra, one Gamma, one Flaminia, one Y10; ten years ago we would have seen multiple examples of all these models... I was pleased to see several of the current cars, both Lancias and Chryslers, but I don't think there was one example from the previous generation - no Delta HPE, Ypsilon, Lybra, or Kappa.

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 13 July, 2015, 09:33:03 AM »

I estimate 60-70 cars. You dont see them all unless someone has done a panoramic. Everyone felt it was a good/nice turnout. Low on Sp cars and Flaminias (1) and I did not see a Fulvia Berlina, but good show of Fulvias in general, Deltas, evos, betas, montes, and todays Lancias. Bear in mind half the UK appeared to be going on their annual holidays this weekend so maybe this held back numbers.

Oldest was Roland Grazebrooks Theta - car of the show.

Please to say my HF won a hotly contested competion class against some very serious competion from 3 other Fulvias.

The highlight was "An audience with Daniele Audetto" as after-dinner speaker who offered candid answers to questions about Rallying, F1, Lancia, and drivers. I only took issue with his view that Alonso is the best of the current drivers; but great cine footage of some truly great motor sport at its zenith.

Tim, any chance you can jot down what you remember of his after dinner talk for a VL article? Have to say I'd love to see Alonso alongside Hamilton in a Mercedes.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd