Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 05:51:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake hoses, pads and caliper rebuild kit required.  (Read 2583 times)
mikegamble

« on: 29 November, 2014, 09:12:53 AM »

Does anybody know the part numbers/suppliers for the flexi-hoses and pads for a '74 Flavia and also the availability of a caliper rebuild kit?
Dave Gee
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »

Assuming that you have Girling brake calipers, all the parts are available on Ebay in Italy. The seals are around £35 for an axle set. Be careful when you split the caliper as there are a couple of small O-ring type seals which do not come in the kit and are difficult to find. (Not impossible) You can reuse the old ones if they are in good condition.

Regarding the flexible brake pipes, again, two types available: the original style rubber and also Goodridge is prcalipoducing a high performance brake hose which I have fitted to my cars. A friend has just had a set calipers plated and is about to rebuild them as a set of spares for himself, but I am sure that if you are short of time, he would be willing to do a part exchange.

If they are the Dunlop calipers. there is no seal when you split them. Again, seals are available, but this time on the UK Ebay. Someone is producing new sets at around £25. Be careful when you take the piston out as there is a centre guide pin which you could bend easily. All brake pads are available for the Dunlop - try a Jaguar stockist.

PM me if you need any other help.

best wishes
bobhenry999
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 04 December, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »

Mike,

Just a note of warning, whatever you do, don`t buy your brake pads from e-bay.

I bought some for my Flavia earlier in the year and they were awful - left huge amounts of black dust on all 4 wheels, so I chucked them and got a set from Omicron, the difference in the look and feel of the friction compound was like night and day, and no dust !

Bob

Flavia 815 Vignale
Flavia 819 Milleotto
Flavia 815 Coupe Inezione
2000HF x2
2000 Coupe
2000 Sedan x3
Current 815 Coupe Variante 1005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator