Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 12:51:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New member saying hello  (Read 5487 times)
John B
Lapsed

« on: 14 November, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »

Buongiorno Appia people,

Greetings from Italy........Fantastic to have found this forum now that I'm the very happy owner of my first Lancia  - a 1961 series 3 Appia.
Purchased recently as a hobby/minor restoration project and only intended for the odd local car show and days out in fine weather.
I've found so much useful information on this forum and no doubt will be asking a few questions
in the future.
I've also discovered and benefitted from the wonderful Appia Consortium.
Ciao for now
John

1961 Appia S3
1969 Fiat 850 Special
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2014, 02:07:31 PM »

Hi
welcome aboard whereabouts are you? always nice to see a new member, get some pics of your car up it's easy to do. are you an Appia ortium member yet? well worth it for access to spares and advice (some of it useful!)
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
John B
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 16 November, 2014, 07:01:58 PM »

Hi again,
I live just outside Ostuni in southern Italy, been here about 10 years but now officially retired and enjoying life.
Kept busy looking after 50 Olive trees, 20 Almond trees, 6 cats, a wife and 3 cars......the Appia, a 1969 Fiat 850 Special and
a 14 year old Fiat Multipla.

* Pic 1.JPG (386.81 KB, 973x730 - viewed 412 times.)

* Pic 2.JPG (587.09 KB, 1127x845 - viewed 398 times.)

* Pic 3.JPG (537.1 KB, 1204x903 - viewed 404 times.)

1961 Appia S3
1969 Fiat 850 Special
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »

La Dolce vita John.........sorta envious, curious pecking order though, does Madame B know shes number 4 on your list......Wink

P

Frank Gallagher
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 17 November, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »

Nice looking original Appia, How has your olive harvest been this year? Its been an almost non existent harvest around here in NE Italy due to mites burrowing into the olives causing them to shrivel and drop off. It seems this is all due to having had such a damp summer without any real heat. The trees seem to be fine in themselves.
The shopkeepers are talking about having to sell Greek olive oil for the next 12 months.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
John B
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 17 November, 2014, 05:52:24 PM »

La dolce vita Huh?...... just one thing missing - access to the Consortium store room!

I've had to tell "Signora B" that he list was in reverse order of importance, she's surprised to be ahead of the cats
but not surprised to be behind the cars.....well the Fiat 850 is hers after all!

Yes the olive harvest is terrible in this area due to the wet summer and fly infestation, not that I mind too much personally as I have found it an enormous amount of work for very little reward. Nothing at all worth collecting this
year but I have started to give the trees a hard pruning - I hope to get a years worth (for next year) of winter fuel for the wood burner. Much more useful than a few litres of oil!
Also the grape harvest has been a disaster for the same reasons. I sincerely hope I don't end up having to pay more than €1.50 for a decent bottle of plonk.

1961 Appia S3
1969 Fiat 850 Special
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 17 November, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »

Salut !

Great to have another ex-pat (??) Lancia owner on the Forum - especially an Appia-owning-ex-pat !

The Consortium is excellent - a wealth of spares and advice ..... generally I get everything within a week of requesting it, even here in deepest, darkest France.

If it is any consolation, our olives were dire as well, but due to lack of water more than anything else. However that also means that our wine yield is low and it will cost much more to drown my sorrows ....

I haven't dared include Madame IBJ on my list, reverse or otherwise, I play it safe ! (but , she happens to be the most tolerant woman in the world ....)

Looking forward to more Appia (and 850/Multipla) pictures - lots of detail please !

ps do you want a cam-belt for the Multipla ?      for free ......

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
John B
Lapsed

« Reply #7 on: 18 November, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »

Hi Simon,
Yes another ex-pat......hopefully never to be a "pat" again!

I've already been in touch with Don at the Consortium and he has helped enormously.

Re the Multipla cam belt.....it will come in useful but not urgent as mine was changed last year.
I am always happy to get things for free but I want to pay for P&P so please let me know how you want to proceed.

On the subject of getting things free, or at least very cheap ......
when I bought my Appia it had a VERY dirty air filter, I looked on line at various Lancia spares suppliers and was shocked at the prices they were asking for a basic cartridge filter. I went to my local car spares shop with the old filter and although they could not match it exactly they came up with one that was twice as long but the correct diameter ......just cut it in half, he said, and then you get 2 for the price of one. So for €14 I have got 2 air filters - I cut  rubber discs and stuck to the cut end of the filters to hold it all together(see photo).

* 001.JPG (403.22 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 412 times.)

1961 Appia S3
1969 Fiat 850 Special
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #8 on: 18 November, 2014, 07:50:25 PM »

Hi
Great pictures of your car!
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd