Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:18:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1960 LANCIA FLAMINIA PININFARINA COUPE,Just 3 owners.For restoration  (Read 10602 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 06 November, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-LANCIA-FLAMINIA-PININFARINA-COUPE-Just-3-owners-For-restoration-/191402824578?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c907f5382

Another Lancia from European classics....seems a bit pricey, but if requiring little body work as stated, might not be so bad!

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 06 November, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »

Well spotted Frank. RHD too. Where could it have been for the past 20 years? If I was looking for a Flaminia, I would face a  difficult choice between this one and the LHD Sedan, which I assume is still for sale.
« Last Edit: 06 November, 2014, 04:38:21 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 06 November, 2014, 05:25:56 PM »

I do like this one Richard........relatively unmolested,RHD, few owners and original UK car, lots of boxes ticked, they know their target audience!

P

Frank Gallagher
kevbo
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 19 November, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »

I went to see this today.  I'm relatively new to Lancias and not seen many Flaminias but the quality of these cars is obvious even if this needs a bit of work.  If I was viewing an MGB or similar I'd be more confident about the remedial costs. 
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 19 November, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »

Any other photos of it Kevbo, did you get a look underneath?

P

Frank Gallagher
kevbo
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2014, 11:45:32 PM »

I managed to get a look underneath but didn't inspect as systematically as I should have done because I was scrabbling around on the floor outside and it was the first time I'd seen the underneath of a Flaminia.  Overall the underneath where I could see, looked reasonable to me.  However there is plenty of bodywork to do in my opinion.  The nearside sill will need welding repair and probably the offside, as to the extent of the repairs it's difficult for me to say.  Also attention to the wheel arches and othe areas identified by the vendor will be required and then a repaint.  I guess you should budget for work on the brakes and fuel system, ignition and so on.

What do people think of the price of the car?
Kevin
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 22 November, 2014, 08:52:17 AM »

Hello Kevin, the car sounds like it is in similar condition to mine when I bought it (see my "Flaminia" thread for work carried out) Nothing in the same class at the same price to compare with really. Some would say buy the best, but not all of us can afford to. And even if the money is available RHD is not always a feature for those who prefer it. Tyres and brakes can cost a couple of thousand + to replace/refurb plus time. Other spares are not exactly cheap and plentiful in the VL small ads. Anyhow the lowest priced Flaminia around in that condition with no importing to deal with? Did you see the sedan version whilst visiting the vendor?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 22 November, 2014, 09:58:23 AM »

Kevin, this is another website of a member whose detailed his work, perhaps make contact with Dannels too.

http://www.flaminiagt.co.uk/Lancia_Flaminia_GT_Touring/Home.html

As Richard points out, plenty of experience on the forum and guys who've done it all before.

http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4142.0

P

« Last Edit: 22 November, 2014, 10:09:19 AM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 22 November, 2014, 10:14:06 AM »

I went to see this today.  I'm relatively new to Lancias and not seen many Flaminias but the quality of these cars is obvious even if this needs a bit of work.  If I was viewing an MGB or similar I'd be more confident about the remedial costs. 

As I'm sure several members will come in on this thread, the Flaminia is a complex car and much more costly to restore than similar UK manufactured cars ( MG mentioned etc), indeed some items will be multiples of as regards parts and refurbishment costs.

Personally I'd advise you to take an expert with you, particularly someone whose worked or knows this model to appraise costs.

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 22 November, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »

Then again, if this is sound, runs well and requires minimal work, well priced.

http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx?id=258427800&asrc=st|as

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 22 November, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »

http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx?id=261810303&asrc=st|as

This has been restored apparently, looks the part, would be a much better buy if all has been done as stated and to a high standard.

P

Frank Gallagher
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 22 November, 2014, 03:43:30 PM »

The vendor is a friend of mine and I have seen the car. I think what Richard says sums it up, I wouldn't bother going straight into a full restoration, you could probably get away with patching the sills were necessary, do a full brake overhaul, new tyres and clean the petrol tank out. (and of course give it a full service) If you want to spend a bit more get the bumpers rechromed. Then use it and see if you like it. At this point you could easily get your expenditure back if for any reason you don't like it. Then you can think about getting the bodywork sorted out
It has a lot going for it, RHD, original English registered car with original number plate, full owner history at a good price. The interior is in nice original condition too...... sounds like I am on a commission....... did I mention the owner is a friend of mine....
« Last Edit: 28 November, 2014, 07:25:10 PM by Sliding Pillar » Logged

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 22 November, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »

And on cue a delightful and evocative piece by Martin Buckley on the Flaminia coupe appears in this months VL. What a great read, as for the photos, simply fabulous.

This was originally in a 2001 spring edition of Classic Cars.

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 22 November, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Cars-Spring-2001-featuring-Jaguar-Aston-Martin-MG-Morgan-De-Tomaso-/131340317882?pt=UK_Magazines&hash=item1e947e34ba

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 24 November, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »

And on cue a delightful and evocative piece by Martin Buckley on the Flaminia coupe appears in this months VL. What a great read, as for the photos, simply fabulous.

This was originally in a 2001 spring edition of Classic Cars.       Puts the asking price into perspective I think. Also the Esso ad is pretty good! "The height of elegance and refinement"

P

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd