Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
20 April, 2024, 01:08:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Prisma Symbol with 44000 miles in excellent condition.  (Read 2198 times)
grahamS
Lapsed

« on: 24 October, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »

Hi Folks, thought i would offer this little gem on here with the hope it goes to an enthusiast. I acquired this particular car when i was manning a friend of mine's trade stand at a local car show, a gent asked me if i knew anyone with a soft spot for Lancia's as he had one to find a new home for. It turned out he had owned the car for over 20 years, the last 18 or so it had been in storage and now he had lost the storage and was desperate for it not to be scrapped! I bought it there and then sight unseen.
Well what arrived on the transporter was a 99% rust free Prisma Symbol with 44000 miles on the clock, all original apart from a set of colour matched Lancia Beta wheels and no damage apart from  very few car park dinks etc! With all its original books, including the original dealer warranty registration card, service book with full history, maintenance hand book, owners book, every old MOT and service receipts all in the original Lancia Plastic folder!
She was a non runner and obviously needed re-commisioning. A new crank position sensor, water pump, cleaned injectors, brake master cylinder, r/h top suspension mount, battery, exhaust later she is now running and MOT'd.
Body wise as i said, it is probably one of the most rust free RHD UK Lancia you will find, while doing the water pump etc i removed the r/h inner wheel arch plastic cover and it is like new under there, still bright shiny factory paint. Under neath has been Waxoyled from new and there is NO rust evident. There is one very small bubble on the drivers door that's it. What it did need was the lacquer had gone off on all the top painted surfaces, so i have had the roof, bonnet and boot redone professionally to a high standard, maintaining the original pin stipes. Interior is also excellent, the only let down is the owner had  an after market stereo fitted then removed resulting in the two plastic storage buckets it the front foot wells having 5" speaker holes in them, the rear parcel shelf having 8" holes (filled temporarily with speakers dropped back in but not wired up) and no head unit. I have slipped what I think is an original unit in the hole but again not fitted properly or wired in. Seats are all lovely with only very very slight wear evident on the drivers seat , carpet is excellent having had original Lancia over-mats on from new which are still present. Dash is fully functioning apart from the "performance/economy" gauge. It is just not worn out.
Engine/gear box/ clutch is as you would expect, lively and taught with that lovely twin-cam singing its tune out front.The only criticism i do have is that although all the brake calipers are free and working and i have replaced the brake master cylinder that was gone,the brakes all work very well to MOT standard, but no matter how many times i bleed them, pressure or the good old fashioned manual way, i cannot get a pedal right at the top? Not a problem while driving, just annoys me. I have taken a lot of pictures so if you want anymore or further details please ask. Advertised price is £2000. Thanks. Graham
grahamS
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 24 October, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »

PS Just noticed the drivers mirror is not colour matched like the passenger side one so must of been replaced at some point, but i do have a small amount of paint left over from the paintwork i had done, enough to spay it i would think. G
grahamS
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 24 October, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »

Mirrors
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd