Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:22:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Control module location HELP  (Read 3202 times)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« on: 18 November, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »

Where is the ECU and the other control box located in the Prisma Symbol/ Delta GTi.e?Huh???

I have just done a cam belt change and additionally sorted out a headlamp earth problem, and now the the dash and control panel are behaving very oddly especially if I put the lights on.

The car starts and runs fine (better than before as the old belt was very loose......). Alternator is charging the battery at 14v (13.8 with lights on).

I suspect that having cleaned some of the earths there are a few more that are challenging the ecu/control module.

Any one know what I can look for??

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 18 November, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

Where is the ECU and the other control box located in the Prisma Symbol/ Delta GTi.e?Huh???

I have just done a cam belt change and additionally sorted out a headlamp earth problem, and now the the dash and control panel are behaving very oddly especially if I put the lights on.

The car starts and runs fine (better than before as the old belt was very loose......). Alternator is charging the battery at 14v (13.8 with lights on).

I suspect that having cleaned some of the earths there are a few more that are challenging the ecu/control module.

Any one know what I can look for??
Hi Tim,
All my modern lancias' have had the ECU in the passenger foot well on RHD, I do remember one of these was behind the foot well side carpet, but I can't remember which one it was Huh?
Have you tried changing the battery earth cable,? if not it's a good chance that your problems stem from there, Dedras' used to throw up all sorts of problems which were seemingly unrelated when the earth cable was corroded, if it hasn't been changed, at this age it would be worth changing anyway.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 19 November, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »

Follow the wiring loom from the coil/injectors. The other end of the loom is plugged into the ECU.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd