Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Berlina in Firenze  (Read 18579 times)
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 02 October, 2014, 08:17:21 AM »

It is 4855mm long and 1750mm wide (15'11'' X 5'9'' in old money)

He didn't mention the price, but i am sure it won't be  as cheap as the one in Florence, which
looks tempting, but untill you have seen it in person you cannot tell.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 02 October, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »

It's just soooo comforting to know that there are more people with the same disease.... (why doesn't my wife still not understand???)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 06 October, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »

Some detailed photos now at the website

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 06 October, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »

Interesting Richard.

I wonder what the button on the back of the front seat where the grab handles come together is for?

Also it doesn't seem to have the automatic wash wipe button on the wiper knob on the dash board.

Frank
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 06 October, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »

Interesting Richard.

I wonder what the button on the back of the front seat where the grab handles come together is for?

Also it doesn't seem to have the automatic wash wipe button on the wiper knob on the dash board.

Frank

Frank looks like an ashtray pull knob to me.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 06 October, 2014, 04:17:25 PM »

It says in the text  ''there is even a button on the back of the front seats, supposedly used when the drivers attention was required.''

The price is now quoted as £14,995.

http://www.europeanclassiccars.co.uk/cars_19.html

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #21 on: 06 October, 2014, 04:23:06 PM »

It says in the text  ''there is even a button on the back of the front seats, supposedly used when the drivers attention was required.''

And I was going to say something silly like 'Used to order a G&T' so not so far off.......

That is a whole lot of car for the money.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 06 October, 2014, 05:01:49 PM »

Quality AND quantity on that one.  What a machine...  What jumped out from the photos is how upright the screen pillar is looking in through the door, and from that how much the screen wraps round.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 07 October, 2014, 12:12:39 AM »

Ade,
 I still think it's an ashtray as if you look to the right of it you can see the push button to call the Pilot Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 07 October, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

Brian, I think we are talking about different things, the button for the intercom is to the right of the ashtray (which has a big black knob on it, as you say) and the thing right in the centre where the two grab handles meet is a screw head!

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 07 October, 2014, 10:20:18 PM »

Brian, I think we are talking about different things, the button for the intercom is to the right of the ashtray (which has a big black knob on it, as you say) and the thing right in the centre where the two grab handles meet is a screw head!

Don't know why we're having this discussion as w're in agreement Huh? Huh?

Brian
8227 Cool,
PS.I obviously had a senior moment

Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 08 October, 2014, 07:20:58 AM »

I am very curious to know what a good Flaminia Berlina drives like? This one looks fabulous, seems to be in excellent condition  and it has the big engine....but what is the driving experience like?
Can anyone comment from experience of similar (before I dare to go and look at it!!).
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #27 on: 08 October, 2014, 08:17:09 AM »

I am very curious to know what a good Flaminia Berlina drives like? This one looks fabulous, seems to be in excellent condition  and it has the big engine....but what is the driving experience like?
Can anyone comment from experience of similar (before I dare to go and look at it!!).
Chris

Some years ago (probably 1997 or thereabouts) I was driven round South London in one by Martin Buckley. This was quite a well-known car at the time, Lancia Blue, grey cloth and with an air-conditioning unit fitted below the dash.

Mr B drove it like he stole it. Using the limited grip offered by its ancient tyres he hung the tail out round lines of parked cars in a square beside Brixton Hill. When we slowed to go round the one-way system at Tulse Hill, I was able to enjoy the amazing detailing of the trim around the A pillars.

I remember thinking at the time that, if he wanted to drive like that he should have a different car. He didn't strike me as a good custodian...

Sadly, I didn't get to drive it, but as a passenger it was clear that the car could be driven in a number of different styles without breaking sweat. A lot of old Lancias are like that, I think.

This is the Buckley car, which he wrote about his current monthly mag at the time. 2.8, A/C.

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 08 October, 2014, 09:19:18 AM »

Chris

Some years ago (probably 1997 or thereabouts) I was driven round South London in one by Martin Buckley. This was quite a well-known car at the time, Lancia Blue, grey cloth and with an air-conditioning unit fitted below the dash.

Mr B drove it like he stole it. Using the limited grip offered by its ancient tyres he hung the tail out round lines of parked cars in a square beside Brixton Hill. When we slowed to go round the one-way system at Tulse Hill, I was able to enjoy the amazing detailing of the trim around the A pillars.

I remember thinking at the time that, if he wanted to drive like that he should have a different car. He didn't strike me as a good custodian...

Sadly, I didn't get to drive it, but as a passenger it was clear that the car could be driven in a number of different styles without breaking sweat. A lot of old Lancias are like that, I think.

This is the Buckley car, which he wrote about his current monthly mag at the time. 2.8, A/C.

Around about then he also hustled it around Goodwood at the LMC Track Day, I'll see if I can find the photos,as I remember it was quite impressive.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 08 October, 2014, 09:50:01 AM »

Looking forward to those Brian

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd