Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:03:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-commissioning a car.  (Read 9302 times)
mikegamble

« Reply #15 on: 15 August, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »

A couple of pictures of her..
mikegamble

« Reply #16 on: 17 August, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »

The clutch had finally decided to release itself and the car now runs/drives and is now on a ramp having an inspection to see what is needed for the MOT.

The structural rust just seems limited to the last foot of the rear of each sill which is structurally better that I was expecting and the garage are just producing a 'shopping list' of parts I will need to get her through the MOT and service her. It looks like it's not a too unrealistic prospect to expect that she'll have a MOT sometime in September.

I've also just got around to joining the Flavia Consortium so I'll hopefully soon be able to find out about repair panels etc for the wings for the cosmetic side of the rust.
Brian Long

Aurelia B12, Flavia 2000 Coupe

« Reply #17 on: 29 August, 2014, 06:14:00 AM »

My current flavia 2000 coupe had been off the road for the best part of twenty years . Check your tyres, they will probably need replacing. Strip and rebuild the brake callipers; they will probably need re sleeving. Likewise, replace rubbers in master cylinder. Worth having the booster itself checked. Mine developed a split in the diaphragm. All brake hoses should be replaced; they can swell internally and cause brakes to drag/ stay on.
Remove cover plate on sump and check whether there is a perforated mesh filter there which will need desludging. Flush petrol lines and fit new filter upstream of pump. Check mechanical fuel pump; diaphragm may have stiffened.Longer term, join the Flavia 2000 Consortium and get a full set of suspension rubbers. Replacing these will transform the feel and road noise level of the car.
After that enjoy it! I have just covered over 5000 km last month. A fabulous cruising car, it is my fifth Flavia.
Regards.
Brian Long (Australia ).
mikegamble

« Reply #18 on: 07 September, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »

I'll have a look at these things. Hopefully the brakes are ok as they were rebuilt just before being put in storage and they seem absolutely fine. Most fluids/hoses/perishables will be changed shortly, I'm just waiting on a couple of things to arrive and then I have to start working out how to tackle the bodywork and locate some of the metal-work required.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd