Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 11:12:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leslie Hawthorn  (Read 3360 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 25 August, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »

Contributor Michael Clarke, has asked me if anyone knows the UK registration number of Leslie Hawthorn's 3rd series? Attached are two photos from Lancia brochures, taken at the same location, albeit around fifteen years apart. Also I see there is an updated edition of "Golden Boy" in paperback format if of interest to anybody.

* LANCIA%20%20Aurelia%20B20%20and%20Fulvia%20Zagato.jpg (33.1 KB, 340x480 - viewed 461 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #1 on: 25 August, 2014, 08:55:18 PM »

Richard - thanks for the tip re the paperback of Golden Boy - I will check that out - I think my car might be in it.....
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 26 August, 2014, 09:13:55 AM »

What is the registration number of your car? I have a copy here to refer to. A few Lancias in there, including the only known newspaper photo ofthe car in question. And plenty of details of what has become of ex Hawthorn premises etc. Also J. Cundy's B20 in some detail.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #3 on: 29 August, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »

It's not a Lancia! - but it does have a good Hawthorn connection. It's a 250 PF Ferrari that Hawthorn sold. I took it to the launch of the hardback book, but Tony Bailey hadn't found me in time for it to be included.....so I was hoping it might be in the new version.....
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 30 August, 2014, 08:33:49 AM »

Looking forward to seeing it Adrian. Also I have received a reply from Jeff in Seattle? The message has vanished however! Anyhow the original question was not regarding WPD 10. If you are reading this Jeff, thank you for your reply. There is one known newspaper photo (Courtesy Paul Roache)

* Leslie%20Hawthorn%20B20.jpg (19.53 KB, 640x480 - viewed 468 times.)
« Last Edit: 30 August, 2014, 07:58:32 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd