Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 05:25:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Weekend - Stratford Manor Hotel 10th - 12th July  (Read 28797 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #30 on: 21 July, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »

When I was reading an advert for one of those posh tours I noticed that the support doctor got higher billing than the mechanic.  I couldn't find the exact link but I'm 99pct sure this is the organisation.  Tim Heath and Brian Mills are listed as participants this May for references.

http://www.via-flaminia.com/organisation/

In terms of building confidence, as with anything else, start small and have a really good friend along with you.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Justin McArdle
Megaposter

Fulvia Berlina 2C

« Reply #31 on: 21 July, 2015, 10:02:46 PM »

Enjoy Tuscany Bob. I too am out to Tuscany - Certaldo to be precise for a week from Sunday. A wonderful place to recharge the batteries. Enjoy!!

Lancia 2000 HF Coupe
Fulvia Berlina 2C
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 21 July, 2015, 11:34:21 PM »

I would waxoyle it and treat the underside with Finegans black velvet then use it in the rain in moderation. Certainly you are seriously missing out if your care regime is preventing you from enjoying your Lancia on a continental tour.

Also how about cleaning with one of the modern waterless cleaning products that are advertised these days. Has anybody tried them?

Frank
Frank,
I do on "Fay" I use greased lightning purchased from one of the TV shopping Channels although you can get it on ebay,
I must admit if she's very dirty I take her to the local Eastern European hand wash place first, who are very good, but it's very easy to apply and immediately polish off, gives a brilliant shine, and no scratching if you use microfibre clothes as directed to.
It's no longer the chore it used to be when using wax polish, and equally as good, if not better, certainly easier.
You can also use it on glass, I do everything except the windscreen where I use Rainx, I also do the headlamp glass as well.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 22 July, 2015, 01:54:55 AM »

When I was reading an advert for one of those posh tours I noticed that the support doctor got higher billing than the mechanic.  I couldn't find the exact link but I'm 99pct sure this is the organisation.  Tim Heath and Brian Mills are listed as participants this May for references.

http://www.via-flaminia.com/organisation/

In terms of building confidence, as with anything else, start small and have a really good friend along with you.

David
point of information. No Doctors on Via Flaminia Rallys! Although great fun as we did one 2 years ago and were going to do another with Brian and Linda Mills but we had to pull out at the last minute when my father passed away unexpectedly. Hope to do another in the future.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 22 July, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »

On that page on certain rallies Medical Doctor and Photographer Wico Mulder is joining in order to give the needed medical assistance and of course for taking pictures during the rally.

The other place I might have seen it is a posh Alpine rally.  I got on their mailing list way-back-when and get the mailings and a rather nice Christmas card from them.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
bobhenry999
Megaposter

« Reply #35 on: 01 August, 2015, 09:54:58 PM »

Chaps,

Firstly, thanks for your kind words.

We have just returned from our break to Tuscany, and it was a welcome rest after recent events. Very hot (38 degrees).

Hopefully tomorrow I will get my act together and get the Flavia out for a run, although I am still a little wary.

On another note, I did at last read "The Book" whilst away, and it has created a desire to own an older Lancia to keep the Flavia company, maybe an Appia series 3. So if anyone has any hints or advice, it would be welcome.

Thanks again,

Bob

Flavia 815 Vignale
Flavia 819 Milleotto
Flavia 815 Coupe Inezione
2000HF x2
2000 Coupe
2000 Sedan x3
Current 815 Coupe Variante 1005
bobhenry999
Megaposter

« Reply #36 on: 16 September, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »

Chaps,

Well the inevitable has happened !

DVLA have decide that I must not drive for 6 months from the day of my seizure, which means that I can`t drive until the 11th of January.

However, this is not the end of the world, as I don`t use the Flavia or my old motorcycles over the winter period anyway, so that`s not an issue.

The only problem is getting to work, as it means that I have to cycle there, at my age !, so have been out tonight to Halfords and bought lots of wet weather gear for the next few months cycling.

I Will be counting down the days until I can apply for my licence back, It`s not until you lose it, that you realise how much it means to those of us who are so car related, it`s like my legs have been cut off !

Roll on January !

Bob

Flavia 815 Vignale
Flavia 819 Milleotto
Flavia 815 Coupe Inezione
2000HF x2
2000 Coupe
2000 Sedan x3
Current 815 Coupe Variante 1005
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 17 September, 2015, 06:36:11 AM »

Not the best news Bob, particularly at this time of the year. Still, cycling is a very good way of keeping fit, a non impact form of exercise ...... not that I indulge in it myself!!!! As you say, roll on January!!!

Best wishes,

Andy
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #38 on: 17 September, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »

Bob,
I don't know how far you have to travel but I've recently bought myself a secondhand electric bike, with the current batteries the range was about 7 mile, without having to pedal, but I've just bought a new pair of sealed lead acid battery replacements that I'm in the process of changing today, these should extend the range to between 20-25 miles. and with a top speed of 15mph it's pretty quick.
You don't need a licence to ride one and unless you really feel the need for the exercise it's great, you do of course sometimes need to pedal to assist up hills otherwise you'll reduce the range, but it's a darned sight easier going up hill and on the flat with the battery assist than without.
Sorry about the licence but as you don't use them in the Winter the 6 months should go quite quickly, so come the Spring you should be ok to drive again. Smiley

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 17 September, 2015, 11:44:49 AM »

My sympathies Bob. I had to give up my license for a while when I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea until I was under successful treatment. The time soon passes and it's a good opportunity to do some more serious work on your vehicles while you are grounded.

Frank
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #40 on: 17 September, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »

I had not thought about the electric bike, a stroke of genius!!! Yes, you are still exposed to the elements, but at least you do not need to arrive everywhere hot and sweaty!!!

Andy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #41 on: 18 September, 2015, 01:20:17 PM »

Am having a mighty email purge today and stumbled on this:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/bikes/vintage-electric-produces-board-track-bicycles-spark?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Members%20Only%20E&utm_content=Members%20Only%20E%20CID_7d7e266f7d695129d2d889c821842c19&utm_source=newsletter

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd