Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10 for sale  (Read 8372 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« on: 07 July, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »

Hi All

Received this request from non member for private sale of Y10. I have no connection with seller and have not received info on car's location.

Info as supplied -

"Hello, I'm not a member of the lmc but am selling my y10 shortly and wondered if you could maybe see if any member was interested in her it would be a shame for someone to get hold of the car who doesn't appreciate the rarity of it, its just the std 1ltr fire engine model but has only done 23k from new and is in great condition I have just replaced the original cambelt and tensioner, the alcantara is like new seats perfect, I have a host  of bills and old mots to back the mileage up, thanks regards dave"

"Hello Peter, thanks I am a private seller it would be a shame for the car to go to someone who doesn,t appreciate the rarity of the model, its a 1985 taxed and tested totally standard I,ve got a set of fiat sporting wheels to go with car at moment got the original ones on, I would like £850 for the car am confident it would drive anywhere I drove it from inverness went superb, body work is excellent just a start of bubbling on door bottoms nothing serious my mob 07806554932"

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 07 July, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »

A couple more

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 July, 2014, 12:31:58 AM »

Looks an absolute little gem, someone please get in there quick before I'm tempted Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 July, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »

I second Brian's comment. The fire is great fun, rediculously economical, cheap to insure, etc. It would make a brilliant second (or third, fourth....ninety ninth ) car. I would especially recomend one as a first car for the offspring of a Lancia devote.

Frank
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 14 July, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »

Hi All

Had a mail from the seller who has confirmed it was sold to a LMC member, hope whoever has bought it is still smiling......

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 25 July, 2014, 09:13:09 AM »

I can confirm the buyer is still smiling!!!

I  now have a Y10 added to the stable, which does not please Mrs Tait , but delights my offspring, all of whom had at least one Y10, (bought and maintained by daddy) in their early driving years.

I saw the car when I was in Harrogate for a trade fair. I met up with Dave (seller) at Wetherby Services and had a good chat and a good inspection. No test drive as no insurance, but all seemed as promised and he had driven the car, complete with wife, from Guisborough. So, a quick haggle, exchange handshakes and a few bits of paper and the deal was done. That was on 11th July.

Yesterday was the day to do the test drive. Well to be more precise, it was time to go to Thirsk, jump in the car and see if it would get down to Westcliff-on-Sea in temperatures in the high 20s. It did it in 5hrs 20mins, including three stops, all of them voluntary and performed perfectly, much to my relief. Cruising in the low 60s with sufficient oomph to get up to the low 70s when the situation demanded. There was still something left, but yesterday was not the day to check it out!!

Time will tell how well, or badly, I have bought, the interior is very good, but the radio has been removed so a little work there. There is no plastic wing liner on the right hand side which surprises me, but there is one on the left. The RH side feels and looks as though there has never been one, comments are invited!! 

So, if anyone has a spare radio or a spare RH wing liner out there I should be pleased to hear from you!!!

Hopefully, there will not be a stream of tales of woe or requests for advice as the little thing will run the proverbial like a sewing machine, we will see!

Andy
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 25 July, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »

Andy,
Congratulations, nice to know it's gone to a good home and it's behaving itself.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #7 on: 25 July, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »

Hi Andy

I always thought it looked an absolute steal for the money, hope it serves you well.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 25 July, 2014, 11:56:14 AM »

Thank you Peter for kicking it off.

Andy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 25 July, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing it, and the Appia vs Y10 drag race down the seafront.

For a new thread title I've been struggling to spell "Why-o why-o Y10" - but maybe not the best...

"Y10 far and wide" might be more optimistic, expecting photos from the four corners.

"Y10: why ever not?"

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 04 August, 2014, 08:30:11 PM »

Andy, I have a heap of Y10 spares. Being an inveterate hoarder I have broken two and acquired various other bits. I probably have wing liners and a radio so I will have a check in the next couple of days and do a post.

Frank
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 04 August, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »

Brilliant Frank, thank you.

I have also just realised that there is no interior trim panel to the tailgate, are you able to help with that please?

It is interesting that I managed not to notice the absence of that panel when I viewed the car, I must have been wearing my 'super rose tinted' specs that day!!!

Andy
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 04 August, 2014, 11:26:26 PM »

Brilliant Frank, thank you.

I have also just realised that there is no interior trim panel to the tailgate, are you able to help with that please?

It is interesting that I managed not to notice the absence of that panel when I viewed the car, I must have been wearing my 'super rose tinted' specs that day!!!

Andy

Perhaps my memory is a bit faulty but having had a 'Fire' & a Gtie, I have a vague recollection that not all Y10's had the tailgate trim panel Undecided

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 05 August, 2014, 07:14:03 AM »

Thank you for mentioning that Brian because it really does not look at all odd without one.

Why I have assumed there should be one is because the two cords that lift the cover to that area, as the tailgate is opened, are not attached to anything on the body and there is no sign that there ever was anything directly on the body. This led me to believe that there must have been a trim panel which would have carried the attachments for the cords.

I will now investigate further .....

Andy
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 05 August, 2014, 08:50:42 AM »

Thank you for mentioning that Brian because it really does not look at all odd without one.

Why I have assumed there should be one is because the two cords that lift the cover to that area, as the tailgate is opened, are not attached to anything on the body and there is no sign that there ever was anything directly on the body. This led me to believe that there must have been a trim panel which would have carried the attachments for the cords.

I will now investigate further .....

Andy

Andy do you have a plastic disc on the tailgate end of the cords? if so these actuially locate in two holes in the inner tailgate, if you look at the electrical connector on the left of the open tailgate, just inboard of that is a small hole with a matching one on the other side of the tailgate, the discs locate in these two holes, it would have been much easier if I could find where the heck my epson scanner is sending the scanned picture to! I've scanned the page 3 times and I still can't find where it's located them Angry

Also the manual shows the tailgate being bare except for the cover over the wiper motor, which is how I remember it on my Fire.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd