Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petrol Additive.  (Read 12302 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 20 June, 2007, 08:46:42 PM »

I have been away and slow to pick up on this thread. I have played with all the additives for my 1600 HF engine, which has the added complication of having the head planed and so has a somewhat higher CR than it should.

My favoured option is ‘Castrol Valvemaster Plus’, which is highly concentrated and easy to administer. My favoured unleaded petrol is Tesco’s “Unleaded 99” with a 99 Octane rating that is higher than the others I have tried and somewhat cheaper too. 

Happy knock-free motoring,

Colin
YKR 567J
« Reply #16 on: 27 June, 2007, 05:19:43 AM »

I also read somewhere else (can't remember where) that all 1600 engines have hard valve seats and don't need an additive.

Found it. Go to http://www.alma.it/vanzettip/fulvia/fulviae.html and find 'restoring' then 'mechanics'. Second paragraph, second sentence.

John Simister
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #17 on: 17 August, 2007, 07:47:52 PM »

Hello All. I drive my 1600 hf fairly hard, and when going to the Great Northern weekends, it will always include long trips up the motorways, i don't tend to use any additive all the time, and tend to sit at 80-90 on the motorways and have never had to adjust tappets, and have not noticed any drop of power, if i do occasionally decide to use one,  i use valvemaster plus, but I too remember something about the 1600hf's having harder seats. Hope that throws a bit more light on the subject.( no pun intended at Italian electrics)  Cheesy  p.s. I used to do night events around here in a 1300s ,and never used an additive, and still beat the local RS 200s.

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd