Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:20:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West Midlands Meeting  (Read 3842 times)
smithymc

1976 Beta coupe - Chocolate Lime

« on: 13 January, 2014, 08:38:30 AM »

Hello

Now I have my Beta on the road, I note there seems a large geographical LMC gap in the West Midlands, Shropshire area as far as meetings are concerned, which has apparently been the case for some time. I am based near Telford.

I am trying to gauge how much interest there might be in a regular 'pub' meet through the warmer months.

I am quite happy to act as coordinator if that helps.

Any expressions of interest?

Many thanks

Mark

fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 14 January, 2014, 03:04:10 AM »

Firstly Mark, good luck and thanks for putting your hand up.  There always has been a few members in and around the West Mids and Shropshire - and if you've only recently joined, you've missed out on the legendary  Giro di Salopia events that Lee Proudfoot and I organised for several years (or did you attend, your handle rings a bell?).  If nothing else, with me in Oz and Lee no longer in the club, that is worth resurrecting, not least for the fantastic roads and scenery in Shropshire!  With no nearer branch, WM/Shropshire members have tended to gravitate to the Vale of Evesham group run by Peter and Lin Hon Baker, or have headed north to the Cheshire and North Staffs covens.
« Last Edit: 14 January, 2014, 03:05:47 AM by fensaddler » Logged

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
smithymc

1976 Beta coupe - Chocolate Lime

« Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2014, 04:09:38 PM »

Chris

I only -re-joined in Spring 12 when I found the Beta, but was a member when I had a Delta HF in the late 1980s.

Giro do Salopia, does seem to offer a great scope for touring - I think it still ran  in 2012? Never done it but sounds great.

I have contacted LMC admin for a list of regional members so may try a mailshot in addition to posting on here. The North Staffs meeting is very do-able from us and a lovely drive too, Vale of Evesham quite a trek potentially. Intend going to North Staffs too this year, just couldn't manage to coordinate correct day/life/car not in bits this year!

Mark
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 14 January, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »

Mark

Glad you're looking to get involved.

All the best.

Neil

PS; don't know if you saw it on the Betaboyz Forum, but the big Carb clean we discussed at the NEC (after the odd hiccup) sorted my new Coupe.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 14 January, 2014, 09:42:29 PM »

Mark

You have mail Smiley - can also do you an e-mailshot if you like ...

Steve
(Database Admin)

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 21 January, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »

Chris

I only -re-joined in Spring 12 when I found the Beta, but was a member when I had a Delta HF in the late 1980s.

Giro do Salopia, does seem to offer a great scope for touring - I think it still ran  in 2012? Never done it but sounds great.

I have contacted LMC admin for a list of regional members so may try a mailshot in addition to posting on here. The North Staffs meeting is very do-able from us and a lovely drive too, Vale of Evesham quite a trek potentially. Intend going to North Staffs too this year, just couldn't manage to coordinate correct day/life/car not in bits this year!

Mark

I definitely wasn't in the LMC in the 80s - at school and then university and certainly not enough money for a Lancia...

But the mailshot is a good idea - keep working at it!

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd