Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 09:13:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1976 Beta HPE  (Read 2349 times)
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« on: 18 March, 2014, 11:34:07 PM »

Needs work to inner wings, still has the early bonnet style and mustard interior. Surely worth saving?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Beta-HPE-/291104730791?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43c731aea7

No connection to the seller.

Guy
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »

Needs work to inner wings, still has the early bonnet style and mustard interior. Surely worth saving?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Beta-HPE-/291104730791?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43c731aea7

No connection to the seller.

Guy

Hi Guy

Hate the colour combination personally, but looks complete and original from photos and at that age is likely one of the very earliest ones here, so worth it if someone is brave enough to go for it. It do suspect there is more than meets the eye when you start to dig below the surface, as ever.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 19 March, 2014, 12:33:42 AM »

If it's anything like the donor car for my Stratos replica Peter it could be a nightmare. The rot was through the inner wings and into the front bulkhead. After we took the drivetrain out it was possible to raise the front of the subframe (still bolted in!) an inch and a half before it came off the block at the back of the subframe. Nasty. That was PFY3T, a 1978 Coupe. On the other hand PFY2T was a rock solid 1978 HPE (that I still miss...)

If this car had been a 1978 vintage on a T plate I might have been tempted but there's no way I'll have a blue car.... But I still hope someone will have a go at saving it!

Chuggaaaaa? Probably not old enough...

Guy
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 19 March, 2014, 08:05:05 AM »

I have to agree, total lottery on the Betas as to how well they have survived. Mine looked ok from the outside/inside, even when we went to look and still ended up with a shed load of work to get the body back to something like and I still do not think it was that bad compared to some I have seen and it is all too easy to hide the bad news until you get in there and peel back the carpets etc. That is why on the Betas currently, unless you want to do a major strip down, buying a known good one is well worth the money.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd