Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 10:32:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgilio book  (Read 43512 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #30 on: 13 July, 2014, 08:59:38 PM »

To tie it all up here's the other thread:

http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7078.0

If anyone wants to express an interest in private I'd be grateful (if possible) for a proper EMAIL rather than a forum "private message".  To see if any given person here has provided an email address here click on their forum name.  Mine is David_Laver@Hotmail.com

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 21 July, 2014, 09:35:45 PM »

I just heard back with something definite from the publisher:

Our UK distributor has already been in contact with Peter Stokes and Chris Hopkins and let them know about the offer which is the following . . . We are offering a club discount of 30% discount off the retail price of the book (£65.00) so your cost in the UK would be £45.50 per copy plus whatever the cost of shipping will be. The minimum order quantity is 20 copies shipping to one address (we cannot drop ship to individuals and offer the discount). Payment terms would be net 30 days.

One thought is to distribute via the committee meeting and pub meets.  Any thoughts or ideas here?   I also intend to contact Peter Stokes and Chris Hopkins to work out "the offer" before putting something in Viva.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 21 July, 2014, 09:56:35 PM »

Pretty good discount that! makes it an even better buy.

Copies would have to be paid for in advance, it's good idea to distribute via the Committee,  local meets  then can arrange for 1 Member to pick up from nearest Committee member to distribute at next meet, members who don't normally attend the local meet would need to attend to pick up their copy, or make other arrangements to collect from local member holding the collected copies.
I think Tim is our nearest Committee member for our Herts and Beds Meet, Tim attends the Essex meeting as do a couple of of our members, so that shouldn't prove to be a problem for us.
No doubt other local meets could arrange something similar.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #33 on: 21 July, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »

Hi David

Yes, the forum admins received a mail this morning, just not had time to post it up today. As you say open to suggestions as to who to coordinate and where to have them sent. As to sending out maybe whoever was involved with the shipping of 'the Book' may be able to offer advice on keeping the cost down?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
ben
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #34 on: 21 July, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »

Hi David/Chris
                   £45 seems a bargain. Please add me to the list,          Ben Courage
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #35 on: 21 July, 2014, 11:07:05 PM »

I'm still happy to coordinate this.  The "what's in it for me" is an excuse to drop in on some pub meets, perhaps also an excuse to visit Gaydon.

Amazon list it at £65 with free delivery so we've got to be careful not to wipe that discount out in postage and packing.  Something else to watch for is that the implication is that we'd need to add the initial shipping charge to the one address.  I'll check if that's for a box from the US or the UK distributer, and if its the UK if someone could collect in person.

Of course it would be cheaper to use the post than all of us driving to and fro pub meets. I'm assuming here that I'm not alone in needing such an excuse, both for pub meets (or race meetings or shows) or to drop in on a committee meeting.  Let the book distribution be a catalyst.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #36 on: 22 July, 2014, 07:37:53 AM »

I'm still happy to coordinate this.  The "what's in it for me" is an excuse to drop in on some pub meets, perhaps also an excuse to visit Gaydon.

Amazon list it at £65 with free delivery so we've got to be careful not to wipe that discount out in postage and packing.  Something else to watch for is that the implication is that we'd need to add the initial shipping charge to the one address.  I'll check if that's for a box from the US or the UK distributer, and if its the UK if someone could collect in person.

Of course it would be cheaper to use the post than all of us driving to and fro pub meets. I'm assuming here that I'm not alone in needing such an excuse, both for pub meets (or race meetings or shows) or to drop in on a committee meeting.  Let the book distribution be a catalyst.
David

David, please add me to the list you are compiling.

You are absolutely right that post is probably the cheapest way to distribute the book, but where is the fun in that??? We are all in this for fun and there is such added value in attending an area meeting or, as you suggest a Committee meeting. Or, a meeting could be set up just for the book, a bit like the Hay Festival, but smaller, more informal and somewhat more focussed!!!!! More like a group of blokes meeting at a pub to chat about a book. So, apart from the book bit, not really like the Hay Festival at all!!!!

Andy

Anyway, please count me in !!!!
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 22 July, 2014, 07:39:51 AM »

I just heard back with something definite from the publisher:

Our UK distributor has already been in contact with Peter Stokes and Chris Hopkins and let them know about the offer which is the following . . . We are offering a club discount of 30% discount off the retail price of the book (£65.00) so your cost in the UK would be £45.50 per copy plus whatever the cost of shipping will be. The minimum order quantity is 20 copies shipping to one address (we cannot drop ship to individuals and offer the discount). Payment terms would be net 30 days.

One thought is to distribute via the committee meeting and pub meets.  Any thoughts or ideas here?   I also intend to contact Peter Stokes and Chris Hopkins to work out "the offer" before putting something in Viva.

David

Would they offer a tiered discount if say, 30, 40 etc ordered or even throw in free postage instead, would take a lot of grief out of getting them A to B to C and maybe even D!

P

Frank Gallagher
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #38 on: 22 July, 2014, 07:45:18 AM »

Hi David

Just to clarify, Chris said that the price was 30% discount off the list price and free delivery to a single address for the 20+ books, so the only additional shipping cost is what it costs us to distribute.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 22 July, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »

Count me in for a copy. Ryanair fare is probably cheaper than postage , David !

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #40 on: 22 July, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »

David,

please count me in also for your book order. I am in London so I am sure we can arrange a convenient handover.

Cesare
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #41 on: 22 July, 2014, 10:15:24 AM »

+1 copy here please.

I pre-ordered on Amazon a while ago but, strangely, their site doesn't seem to have any record of the order.

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #42 on: 22 July, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »

We're over half way to a batch already - and that's still only counting Andy the once Smiley

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #43 on: 22 July, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »

Anyone here got access to an Aurelia email list?  Who is it that organises the annual lunch?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #44 on: 22 July, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »

Anyone here got access to an Aurelia email list?  Who is it that organises the annual lunch?

David
Ade. He took orders for the book, but I have heard nothing since.
Regards, John
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd