Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:59:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to SORN?  (Read 3239 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 18 January, 2014, 09:52:03 AM »

Seems like there's no need to SORN every year - see article below.  Anyone got a better source?  The other news is that the proof of insurance is via computer not paper.  I'm trying to remember when I went in last if that's also the case for the MOT now.

http://www.classic-car-mart.co.uk/news/latest-news/1221-sorn-scheme-simplified.html

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2014, 10:28:47 AM »

Well spotted David, it is surprising that more has not been made of this in the press if, as the article says, the regulations changed on 16th Dec!!!

Common sense rules.

Andy
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2014, 12:49:57 PM »

Yes, MOT's are all online as well now. As quoted elsewhere no more tax discs from October.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 24 January, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »

You are no longer required to renew a SORN if it is due to expire, as I discovered when attempting to do so earlier today.
See box at foot of text on following page.

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/home/intro?skin=directgov

The MoT doesn't yet appear to be completely electronic, despite the DVLA being able to check if it is current (when taxing a vehicle on-line), as do the Police. How many of us have forgotten an MoT expiry date and only discovered it by chance? I know I have.

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 22 January, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »

SORN expires on my motorcycle today. Thanks for the info in this thread, as my local post office suggested telephoning the DVLA for a SORN renewal form. I expect they new what they meant, well meaning and with the best intentions.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 22 January, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »

SORN expires on my motorcycle today. Thanks for the info in this thread, as my local post office suggested telephoning the DVLA for a SORN renewal form. I expect they new what they meant, well meaning and with the best intentions.
. Do it on line so much easier

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 22 January, 2015, 02:02:37 PM »

. Do it on line so much easier

+1

A life saver, time saver and once it done its done, plus you can declare and undeclare vehicles monthly and from the comfort of your own home, whats not to like!

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd