Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:21:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternator  (Read 3646 times)
denisbasson

« on: 28 June, 2007, 11:13:57 PM »

Hi Flaminia owners

I would like to know if anyone has had experience of converting a Flaminia Pininfarina coupe to use an alternator instead of a generator. I know it cannot be fitted in the space where the generator sits so what brackets were necessary to fit it elswhere ? my friend John's Coupe would definitely benefit from an alternator as his car is fitted with all the elecric accessories etc. seat back locks, electric windows, valve radio and the rear wndow heater radiators  which is a big drain on the battery and generator.
I intend looking into fitting an alternator so if I manage to come up with a solution I will publish details but it would be nice to know how the factory did it, they supplied a conversion I believe.

Cheers for now Lancias forever my email address is wdbasson@adam.com.au

Denis
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 02 August, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »

Dennis, two things for you.

Alternators built to look like dynamos are available from Racemettle at www.racemettleltd.co.uk They are based on the design of a Lucas dynamo and advertised as suiting TRs, Morgans etc. so they should be suitably powerful. I suspect they arent cheap though.

Thought nomber two is that there is a gentleman in the club with a blue Pininfarina coupe which is much modified including an alternator. It also has air conditioning fitted. I think he is a retired engineer so if somone can furnish his name I am sure he would be delighted to give you all the details.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Happy Lancia-ing
                            Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd