Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 01:44:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia (?)/ Appia wheels anyone?  (Read 3429 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 03 October, 2013, 01:19:32 PM »

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/cerchi-e-crick-lancia-siracusa-74798526.htm

Amended accordingly William

P
« Last Edit: 03 October, 2013, 05:48:12 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 03 October, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »

Have you seen that there is also in the lot:
one presumably Aurelia jack
and parts for B12 indicator lights? Smiley
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 03 October, 2013, 02:45:06 PM »

I only looked at first photo!!!.....Must check what he wants....cheers Sebastien....you've made my day........again......Smiley

P
« Last Edit: 03 October, 2013, 02:46:40 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 03 October, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

Is that one of the rare distributor caps in one of the photos?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #4 on: 03 October, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »

I mailed him a few days ago, pursuing some of these parts, but haven't had a reply.

FWIW I don't think those are Aurelia wheels, but could be wrong.  Perhaps Appia Coupe, as suggested?

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 04 October, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »

All sorts of interesting original parts there but as always with subito.it I wouldn't part with cash without previously seeing and inspecting the parts and also meeting the vendor. And ideally money and item change hands at that meeting so you know exactly what you are getting for your money.
As a matter of interest, my experience is that of the more interesting items for sale on subito, a remarkably high % are in Sicily. Coincidence or am I just an old cynic?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 04 October, 2013, 08:17:23 AM »

There will be an effect from the nearest parts being bought up first and the stuff all the way down south still there.

There will be an effect where they are not trusted to deal remotely so the treasure remains buried.

Thinking of my rural upbringing "city folk" tend to be more inclined to do the deal and move on.  The deeper into the country you go the slower the pace of life, the longer the view, and the more such items are treated as holy relics to be held onto until an appropriate ransom can be extracted.  Space tends to be at less of a premium - old barns and sheds rather than paying through the nose for a lockup or the spare room being chocker.  The price tends more towards "so your car won't run without it" rather than "I'm clearing out".

...and then the world famous ethics...   Lots of good Targa Florio stories of spare engines being stolen to order, whole garages cleared out after an argument over a restaurant bill, restaurant bills looking like ransom notes, cars stripped to the bones having stopped on the course.

If it was me?   I'd be nervous turning up with enough cash for that haul let alone doing it via a money transfer and hoping.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd