Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:04:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STUNNED  (Read 9521 times)
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 26 September, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

Beginning to worry that I may not get my car back!

Impressions - Augusta gearbox probably better with freewheel: steering/handling on a par:
Brian wait until you drive it now Shocked gearbox is now sorted and "as slick" as an augusta box , handling has dramatically changed after doing a full service and filling up the axle oil levels etc, the car just keeps getting better and better, as for not getting it back...........i'll loan it to you  Wink has to be said its probably my favourite Lancia now and I struggle to put into words how amazing to drive these little cars are

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 26 September, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »

Much as I like the Augusta gearbox (apart from the noise) I have to admit that the Aprilia is probably a bit better. Most strangers to Aprilias assume they have synchromesh!
Regards, John
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #17 on: 26 September, 2013, 07:31:26 PM »

My Aprilia, which I have only had for eighteen months, just took me to the Lancia Club France rally in Normandy and put in 750 miles or so. I had no issues arising. The more I drive her the more she reveals her capabilities. I live in west London, and it is a marvellous thing to have a Lancia that is at the same time truly historic and thoroughly useable.
Ciao a tutti
Cesare
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 09 November, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »

Right then!
Aprilia vs Augusta gearbox.
Now had a chance to drive a few hundred miles in Aprilia with Augusta episodes.
I think for me the difference is that the gear stick of the Aprilia is slightly further away from the driver and so shoulder needs in medical terms more abduction and extension. IE I need to reach further and as I have had reconstructive surgery to the muscles and tendons around the left shoulder I have reduced mobility there.
So, for me, the Augusta has everything in the right place but first and to some extent third is more of a reach in the Aprilia. I do like the freewheel on the Augusta and it has made me a bit lazier.

Otherwise - impressions are that the Aprilia does behave more like a modern car and the extra MPH do help.
Next week I am off to the trimmers to sort out the style of door panels and seats - I will be armed with photos from the Forum of various cars and will guided by him as well. He did a brilliant job on the front seat of the B10. Impossible to see what he did.
So in the Spring I hope to have both a sorted and very tidy car.

The colour is much admired by folk and they say suits the car well but perhaps I only have polite friends. Also can now drive with greated sense of security as have a mirror on the door frame.

Brian

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 09 November, 2013, 11:29:18 PM »

I still miss your car  Sad but i'm glad your pleased and look forward to seeing the interior

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up