Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:12:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B21 back up again  (Read 2698 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 03 August, 2013, 04:45:18 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Aurelia-B21-/300944011074?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4611a92f42

P

Frank Gallagher
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2013, 09:25:04 AM »

I love saloons - declare an interest! It does indeed look to have been very well restored and the interior is spot on. (except steering wheel) . Shame worth a fraction of B20 as I bet drives better. There's contentious.

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2013, 09:58:21 AM »

Thats a well established fact Brian........can't be contradicted........Smiley

P

Frank Gallagher
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »

Thats a well established fact Brian........can't be contradicted........Smiley

P
Oh yes it can! I like the steering wheel - Otherwise spot on!
 Regards, John
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 05 August, 2013, 08:59:02 AM »

Looks to me an interesting car.

I commented earlier on the steering wheel. The new owner can today easily buy a completely new repro steering wheel, if he requires - if he sells the Nardi, it should be cash neutral!

Some small details visible on the eBay ad are however questionable: the front door pocket has a small leather pull which cannot be to Lancia standard. Also it looks from the blurred photo of the back that the car might have B20 or B24 taillights, and not the original flush B10 type (harder to find).
And the B20 engine, non original, and also with unknown history, while nice if running well, might detract from the value for some potential buyer.

For such a car, as also for the others from the same seller (Appia S1, Aprilia S1) an interested person should really decide after an inspection, not in front of his bidder screen on eBay : cross Europe flights, or a car trip are not that expensive..... in relationship to the price to be paid for the car.

As for the price, and its relationship to B20s, one has to know both to decide - I would also argue that an early saloon, with a 2l engine, is a very good buy today, if you want to seat 4 persons in style. The real alternative Aurelia, not a B20 but a B50 cabriolet, would be a tad more expensive ....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd